The what new bike are you considering thread

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’m a newbie to forums so if this is the wrong area to post just let me know. I currently ride a Kona process 153 27.5 and a felt breed 30 gravel bike. The process is a lot of fun especially in the chunky rocky downhill sections of trail (wawayanda, chimney rock, sourland etc.) but is a bit of a dog for 6MR, any significant climbing, most local trails and neighborhood cruising. The breed is a blast for a mix of road, gravel and exploring light single track but is definitely being pushed to the limit on some of the muddy/sandy/technical terrain I enjoy exploring. So if money was no option I would buy a bike for every single different type of riding but in an attempt to cover a few different types of riding with one bike I am interested in a Surly Wednesday. I am looking to do some beach, pine barrens and local neighborhood exploring/bushwhacking with the stock 26x3.8s. I also intend on eventually doing a 29+ Wheelset (probably 29x3.0) for neighborhood cruising, light on/off-road touring, and more flowy/ climbing oriented trails. I would also like to do a SS set up eventually (maybe for both Wheelsets but primarily for the 29+ set) for a low maintenance sort-of-do-it-all version of this bike that would be simple to travel with. Do I have the right bike in mind? Am I insane? Any suggestions on other bike options or setups I should consider? P.S. would like to keep this setup as cheap as possible to start and add on/upgrade over time.

Come chat with Cody. We have what may be the perfect setup that we ordered for another guy who never picked it up. J

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
They sent me a LG demo. I’ll get some time on it after the new year.

So far it’s a super light, fit&finish seems on point

Kinda weird that you can only grab the bottle from the left side.
Nice! Definitely let me know how it rides.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
If your looking for more from norco then why would you stop at the optic? The sight fits your want except color purple. Now if you tell me it's a deal breaker because of that then it would be same problem I have chosing a bike for the wife.
I'm currently riding a 2015 Sight. It's a fantastic trail bike. The new model is too much bike for 99% of the riding that I do. Plus the Occam can be configured in something like 20 different custom colors. I may as well go full custom if I'm dropping that much coin. :cool:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'm currently riding a 2015 Sight. It's a fantastic trail bike. The new model is too much bike for 99% of the riding that I do. Plus the Occam can be configured in something like 20 different custom colors. I may as well go full custom if I'm dropping that much coin. :cool:

I’ve been a fan for some time of this bike. I’ll post up when I ride it

choop

I am looking forward to seeing the new Kona Hei Hei when it comes out this spring. I don’t really need it at the moment but it looks like it will be interesting.

Ian F

I get the hate for press-fit bottom brackets, but my own experience has been good. I installed a Race Face BB in my 2014 Intense Carbine and it has been fine since. I did invest in the Park tools to install and remove them.

Hopefully Turner bikes will pull through. While I have never owned one or really ridden one, I always appreciated the brand.

While I am definitely a fan of the new geometry, I would still like to see an updated Lawwill design. Rotec has hinted a trail version is in the works, but nothing I've seen just yet.

Captain Brainstorm

I get the hate for press-fit bottom brackets, but my own experience has been good. I installed a Race Face BB in my 2014 Intense Carbine and it has been fine since. I did invest in the Park tools to install and remove them.

Hopefully Turner bikes will pull through. While I have never owned one or really ridden one, I always appreciated the brand.

While I am definitely a fan of the new geometry, I would still like to see an updated Lawwill design. Rotec has hinted a trail version is in the works, but nothing I've seen just yet.

I’ve never had a single issue with my PF bottom bracket, zero. I realize people have had issues, but when properly executed they’re just as reliable anything else.

Totally bummed about Turner, my next bike will likely be an Ibis since they make a well executed DW bike, if Turner doesn’t come back. The rumor is that Dave is trying to sell the company, which is consistent with a long conversation I had with him about 2mo ago when I called to order some parts (I think he wanted to vent). His take on the industry is very interesting. At the time he told me that he was trying to get something going with outside investment, since it takes about $350-400K to develop and then build a new frame in Asia.

Captain Brainstorm

I’m not into Horst-link bikes but this looks beautiful:

1578755861275.jpg

It probably costs 5-million dollars though. Now if they made it with a little more travel, and heck paid DW a license to use his suspension, it would be the perfect 5-million dollar bike.

Top Bottom