The MetsThread

So it isn't just about keeping Mickey. If he is staying, they have to extend him, and make it meaningful if the players are going to respect him.
He isn't just out there waving in the wind, they are negotiating. Fatcesca seems to think it is unfair for them to take a week to decide, but
hasn't stepped back to understand what is going on.

Can we ship him back to chicago?

wow - 2 minutes after i posted.

Would do Matheny - was he a BVW client?
Everybody likes Ventura, "the grand single"

wow - 2 minutes after i posted.

Would do Matheny - was he a BVW client?
Everybody likes Ventura, "the grand single"
I’m not sure. Majority of the Met team is BVW old clients. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they hire him. But I’d take either Joe’s

I still don't understand why Maddon got let go. He's done more for the Cubs organization than all the guys before him. So he didn't make the playoffs 1 outta the last 4 years. He got them to the 2 Division Championships and the WS!

I still don't understand why Maddon got let go. He's done more for the Cubs organization than all the guys before him. So he didn't make the playoffs 1 outta the last 4 years. He got them to the 2 Division Championships and the WS!

didn't like the punk ass nerd telling him what he did wrong?

of course the guy that let him go has more cred than Joe, so there is that.

i dont see Showalter, Maddon or Giradi....Not even the yankees will spend a dime on a manager anymore...

$$$$$ The front office wants to run the team, set the lineups, etc...Managers are not worth millions a year to them anymore..

What was the reason why Giradi got fired? Beef with Cashman?

same reason...I think giradi was making ~5M+ a year and wanted more... Boones making around 1m or less. GM's just dont value managers anymore. Whose left of the old time, big money managers? Francona.... Hurdle...ned yost...Imo...maddon's going to have to take a pay cut wherever he goes next.

Last edited:
$$$$$ The front office wants to run the team, set the lineups, etc...Managers are not worth millions a year to them anymore..

same reason...I think giradi was making ~5M+ a year and wanted more... Boones making around 1m or less. GM's just dont value managers anymore. Whose left of the old time, big money managers? Francona.... Hurdle...ned yost...Imo...maddon's going to have to take a pay cut wherever he goes next.
Maybe if Giardi wants to coach again and willing to take less.. I'd say sign him.

You heard it here first ?

I think mets and Girardi have had a deal in place since mid season. Cubs Gs first choice already have said they are not interested. Much smoke and mirrors will go down and G will be the next Mets coach. Coupons are running out of time with this pitching core to take any other chance. G has made it clear he is on board with the stupid antylitics. He is also a winner and will rile the fan base.

Its going to go down the route of the NFL. Player Salaries will get too massive to support itself.

Maddon to the Angels, after getting close a ton of times, they are due another trip to the World Series. Maddon's the guy to do it. You heard that here first!

What was the reason why Giradi got fired? Beef with Cashman

He didn't get fired. His contract was up and they didn't resign him. Close to being fired, but not exactly.
And he didn't get along with alot of the younger players. (Gary Sanchez). 10 years is a long time and the relationship had run its course.
Plus they didn't want to pay him.

Plus they didn't want to pay him.

Not that the Yanks are ultra conservative but their COO is for sure. He raised his kids on Wedgewood Drive in North Brunswick (2 minute drive from the 27 lot at 6 mile) in prolly the most understated home any Major League COO ever lived.

something very satisfying about atlanta losing.

and bonus, my w1f3 is a stl fan. :getsome:

Back
Top Bottom