The MetsThread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You think they fire him, or he’s getting suspended?

fired for not coming clean with BVW about his involvement.

"he studied the computer" what is he going to say, he didn't know it was live, in-game?

Patrick

Staff member
is what the astros and redsox really that bad?

same as the russian doping scheme because it was supported and condoned by management.

sign stealing by the runners or third base coach has been going on forever - gamesmanship.
using a camera, recording, and relaying....
houston also had the guy come from STL that stole all the scouting data. And they used it.

what if the patriots knew that the seahawks were not going to hand the ball to Marshawn in the superbowl.
Now that you think about it, there is a good chance they knew, and were able to jump the route....

probably worse was the NBA officials doing some point shaving. The scheme there is to not change the outcome of the game,
but to influence the over/under and spread.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
same as the russian doping scheme because it was supported and condoned by management.

sign stealing by the runners or third base coach has been going on forever - gamesmanship.
using a camera, recording, and relaying....
houston also had the guy come from STL that stole all the scouting data. And they used it.

what if the patriots knew that the seahawks were not going to hand the ball to Marshawn in the superbowl.
Now that you think about it, there is a good chance they knew, and were able to jump the route....

probably worse was the NBA officials doing somepoint shaving. The scheme there is to not change the outcome of the game,
but to influence the over/under and spread.

My thing is if your doing everything to win what's the big deal, I haven't watch sports outside the NHL for almost 4 years and tbh let everyone cheat fine them and move on.

Patrick

Staff member
My thing is if your doing everything to win what's the big deal, I haven't watch sports outside the NHL for almost 4 years and tbh let everyone cheat fine them and move on.

there is the 'let them play' - but the problem here is that the away team is at a disadvantage.

i really don't care about steroids. we'll never know everyone. it is more the vocal majority of fans that don't
want their kids seeing that drugs are the only way (although i'm sure some are pumping the kids, why not?)

they do all different types of stuff in hockey because there are only 4 refs on the ice. You can tell when nobody is looking.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dont see an end to this cheat system. And I would imagine this was not an isolated one either. Baseball has been doing this forever, and until they can earpiece the signs it will still continue. Am I the only one who doesn't understand with technology that they dont earpiece this communication. Codes for pitches that change and can actually be made by the manager or the analytical reader instead of the catcher.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is what the astros and redsox really that bad?
I mean when you have the commissioner of baseball come out with a statement that sign stealing using the aid of electronics is forbidden......then right after that...Cora, Beltran, et al give them the middle finger and do it anyway....they are fucked. Beltran should be next.....hes going to be a huge distraction now

Is it that bad? it is to me anyway...Play the goddam game the right way and dont cheat. Guys like Yu Darvish (who was having an awesome season in 2017) got totally lit up playing the astros in houston....Entering a contract year....How did that performance affect his next contract? To me, 2017, 2018 world series are tainted and should be vacated.

Mr. E Man

I mean when you have the commissioner of baseball come out with a statement that sign stealing using the aid of electronics is forbidden......then right after that...Cora, Beltran, et al give them the middle finger and do it anyway....they are fucked. Beltran should be next.....hes going to be a huge distraction now

Is it that bad? it is to me anyway...Play the goddam game the right way and dont cheat. Guys like Yu Darvish (who was having an awesome season in 2017) got totally lit up playing the astros in houston....Entering a contract year....How did that performance affect his next contract? To me, 2017, 2018 world series are tainted and should be vacated.
Beltran was a player at the time, not a coach.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Beltran was a player at the time, not a coach.
Sure but he's now a manager...and he was one of the architects of this along with Cora... . I realize Manfred didn't go after the players bc of their union, but to me they participated and also culpable....

Mr. E Man

Sure but he's now a manager...and he was one of the architects of this along with Cora... . I realize Manfred didn't go after the players bc of their union, but to me they participated and also culpable....
What do you think they should do to the players that were involved... Like Brian Mccann, he retired afterwards.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What do you think they should do to the players that were involved... Like Brian Mccann, he retired afterwards.
I would love to see them suspended, however with the union and arbitration this would go on forever and ultimately go nowhere.....so it would be a waste of time and im sure Manfred just wants to get this over with. MLB certainly doesnt want anyone talking about their championships being tainted...

Altuve, Bregman, Springer, etc will now have to deal with the media/fans calling them cheaters and that their championship is tainted, so that should be enjoyable for them.

So should we go thorugh history and vacate all the games under questioned?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6186829

I have heard this story many times, and i look at that as cheating.....however, was there some clearly defined rule in 1951 regard what they were doing? I mean in this case you had the commissioner clearly define what was outlawed...then Cora, etc did this anyway

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My point is simple the Astros got caught. I would bet almost every team has something or someone involved in sign stealing. It's been going on forever. Should we throw out yankees last season because beltran was there.

After that London series, lol.
I heard Steve Phillips yesterday basically admit to use of cameras and sign stealing back 1998 season.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
It’s like “Casual Friday’s”. Everyone knows.... chinos, collard shirt/blouse and shoes, no sneakers, work boots, etc..... then everyone starts to push the boundaries until eventually somebody shows up in flip flops. Poof, no more casual Friday’s.

Top Bottom