The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

sj_john

D98C418A-88C7-4C79-B6EC-8B5CF79AA518.jpeg

23/31.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
MULLIGAN CLARIFICATION - PART 3

Just another post to remind everyone how this works.

• You can only use this "get out of riding" card ONE time
  • This really only pertains to the 31/31 club, the 20+ needs to ride 20 times
  • You cannot self-TM unless you are a JORBA rep
  • This means that you need to find an actual TM, or work with a JORBA rep, to get your TM in
  • This equates to the following: In order to qualify for the 31/31 you need to ride every single day of the month, or 30 days of the month in addition to doing one TM session
  • You cannot ride 29 times and do 2 TM sessions
  • You cannot ride 28 times and do 3 TM sessions
  • You cannot ride 27 times and do 4 TM sessions
  • Repeat this until the numbers are 0 & 31
Norm, doesn't apply to me but it seems like Post #29 contradicts this.

serviceguy

Once its totaled, its totaled regardless of the number of scratches.

I did tell the truck operator not to scratch the paint, he instead just ripped the front bumper off.

Didnt rupture the fuel tank or the oil pan - good thing since the NJWA guy showed up.
Wait, was that your car?!?!?

serviceguy

Once its totaled, its totaled regardless of the number of scratches.

I did tell the truck operator not to scratch the paint, he instead just ripped the front bumper off.

Didnt rupture the fuel tank or the oil pan - good thing since the NJWA guy showed up.
Having the resources to do it (storage, tools and most importantly time) maybe worth buying the totaled car from the insurance to sell specific parts (not sure if that is also true with a Carrera though) ? Obviously minus the one that were crashed by the impact/tow guy.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
23/31

It's funny how the motivation vs. legs thing works. Yesterday I was somewhat motivated, but at the beginning of the ride my legs felt like garbage. I was able to push a bit and they came back. Today no motivation but the legs felt fine. I barely wanted to pedal though, and was just trying to find the slowest route while staying close to the house just to "spite" the Contest. :p Spite it I did.
Screenshot_20210723-141059~2.png

In the Home Stretch, Just Keep Your Head Down and Pedal

iman29

just here for the stories...

Debated if I wanted to ride today between work and my legs just not feeling 100%, but with pretty much perfect weather I decided 1 hour should be OK. Plus need to save some legs for the local shop ride tomorrow and hopefully can stretch that into a metric.

So I grabbed the new gravel bike and thought up a local-ish mixed loop since I have never really ridden the Morris Greenway/Patriots path section but I have passed it a million times on the road bike. Really enjoyed the Greenway section nice and shady and well maintained trail. connected that to the last section of the Columbia trail and then back home. Lots of road markings around here for the Ramble ride tomorrow, they also have a Gravel edition that I think uses parts of the Columbia trail too.

only wish i didnt forget my amber glasses that i use on the trails with my sunglasses on I had to be more careful for shallow roots or rocks it was hard to see. snapped a few pics had to stop for this one. For context my bike is a 58cm and I am 6'2" and the top of this was way over my head. the gravel on that spot of the trail looks fresh like it must have ripped up a very big section of the trail along with it.

Will do this "root" again soon and extend it west to get more trail sections. ;-)

1627065285647.png

1627065427367.png

serviceguy

the rear tire was deflated and the bead popped off, so I needed to get the compressor.
You should try with a regular floor pump first, you maybe surprised. I seated all my tires using a regular floor pump, including massive 2.6", 2.8" and 3" , so it may work for you. I do use peasant alloy rims all around though, a gold plated inflator maybe needed if your rims are carbon... 😁

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should try with a regular floor pump first, you maybe surprised. I seated all my tires using a regular floor pump, including massive 2.6", 2.8" and 3" , so it may work for you. I do use peasant alloy rims all around though, a gold plated inflator maybe needed if your rims are carbon... 😁
yeah, I did... this was for the CX bike w/38c gravel tyres. They're a bit finicky, and my floor pump sucks (supposed to blow), I need a new one.

Top Bottom