The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

JDurk

Went to Home Depot to pick up a few small things. My plan was to bring my bike in on a platform cart, but in actual practice my bike is too big for it. I chickened out on just wheeling in. So it looks like I'm hopping in my truck and heading back there 😔

View attachment 163244
Was hoping to read that you went in looking like you just filmed a Weathertech floormats commercial? Pics if you do.

robmaurizi

Day 23: got a late start, but squeezed in a morning ride with @NCHLS.mrz … fairly standard loop as of late, but explored a new line that’s nearing completion in our locals, which was lots of fun.

https://strava.app.link/U7JCc4AW7hb
1627047376440.png

iman29

Day 23 - Another day older...

Typical pre-dawn spin as I usually have after work plans Friday evenings that would make a ride difficult. It is kinda neat to watch the sun come up.

The Niterider Lumina 1200 does a pretty good job of lighting the road, even at the lowest setting:

View attachment 163232

Bristol waterfront, some colors:

View attachment 163233

A little more color at the turn-around behind the old Ideal Soap (now an office) building:

View attachment 163234

Along River Rd. Sometimes I feel my age... but not really today:

View attachment 163235

Tomorrow should be a fun ride down in MD, but it may be late by the time I post.

Happy Bday from one Ian to another !

serviceguy

You mean this one?

Use emergency brake and put it in gear. 03 Carrera. 3ft either way would have hit the post and prob not made it into the water. This one threaded the needle pretty well and was fully submerged. The guide rail is not designed to take a straight on blow - its designed to guide you back to the roadway.

View attachment 163241

View attachment 163240
Ouch. The recovery operation probably did more damage than the actual sinkage! From the look of it it must have gained some momentum coming down the driveway, enough to cross the road and crash the beam that is. Luckily it didn't crash on passing traffic!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
MULLIGAN CLARIFICATION - PART 3

Just another post to remind everyone how this works.

• You can only use this "get out of riding" card ONE time
  • This really only pertains to the 31/31 club, the 20+ needs to ride 20 times
  • You cannot self-TM unless you are a JORBA rep
  • This means that you need to find an actual TM, or work with a JORBA rep, to get your TM in
  • This equates to the following: In order to qualify for the 31/31 you need to ride every single day of the month, or 30 days of the month in addition to doing one TM session
  • You cannot ride 29 times and do 2 TM sessions
  • You cannot ride 28 times and do 3 TM sessions
  • You cannot ride 27 times and do 4 TM sessions
  • Repeat this until the numbers are 0 & 31

iman29

You mean this one?

Use emergency brake and put it in gear. 03 Carrera. 3ft either way would have hit the post and prob not made it into the water. This one threaded the needle pretty well and was fully submerged. The guide rail is not designed to take a straight on blow - its designed to guide you back to the roadway.

View attachment 163241

View attachment 163240
not that it matters since its totaled anyway but looks like they broke out the back window to attach the chain. yikes

Ian F

You mean this one?

View attachment 163241

View attachment 163240
To add insult to injury, they'll probably have to pay for new wooden guard rails - at today's wood prices, might cost more than the car.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
July 23....
I may have been over served last night. Plus the rear tire was deflated and the bead popped off, so I needed to get the compressor. Late start means late to WFH...

View attachment 163263

I’m gonna be cutting it close for the 20 day with a trip to Vegas next week…
If it wasn’t the summer I would highly recommend Bootleg Canyon while you are out there (if you haven’t ridden it already). Temps obviously can be oppressive, but I hear early mornings are possible with the heat.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If it wasn’t the summer I would highly recommend Bootleg Canyon while you are out there (if you haven’t ridden it already). Temps obviously can be oppressive, but I hear early mornings are possible with the heat.
There will be no bikes ridden. @ANWjrWill has Championships for UNAA. Nothing like 5 days in Vegas with your 13yr old child.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
To flex my TM activities, I remove a tree right before NICA practice last night to meet the benchmark of a tree moved from my three local parks this week. My son helps me and I let him use the power assisted hand saw. When we started riding with the team, multiple coaches tell me there is a tree down the way I am going.
200w.webp

07/23
2:32
NCC Friday
Coolest day of the week and the most comfortable and I decide not to ride the mtb. Meet the local group for a coffee shop ride, which stands for we ride moderately unless 2 people are feeling good. I try to not be disruptive but when people start upping the pace, obviously I am sitting in / helping. Two others start doing just that, but damnit, someone is talking to me and I dont get to join in. I do bridge up right as someone has a mechanical, so it was pointless. Good ride nonetheless.
F1AC0705-DB43-4154-9FE9-81A4D48B7133.jpeg
024E0832-0057-4958-97F2-03AFCE634268.jpeg
DFD49E08-FD6C-47BC-A21C-D3E896262831.jpeg

Last edited:

ekuhn

Ouch. The recovery operation probably did more damage than the actual sinkage! From the look of it it must have gained some momentum coming down the driveway, enough to cross the road and crash the beam that is. Luckily it didn't crash on passing traffic!
Once its totaled, its totaled regardless of the number of scratches.

I did tell the truck operator not to scratch the paint, he instead just ripped the front bumper off.

Didnt rupture the fuel tank or the oil pan - good thing since the NJWA guy showed up.

rick81721

Lothar
7/23

1:44

https://www.strava.com/activities/5674593423

21/20+

After yesterday's mountain bike ride with the kids, my back submitted a formal protest this morning to today's ride. My legs vetoed said protest so out we went for a road ride. Besides bouncing around on the mountain bike, the other thing that aggravates my back is sitting and grinding up hills on the road bike - standing is ok. So today while climbing a very small hill on Reaville, I got heckled by one of two roadies going in the opposite direction. One says, "nice job taking that "hill" - I am certain I could hear the sarcastic "hill" quotes in his voice! Pic by the crick

20210723_104416.jpg

JDurk

22 - Belmont dirt church, legs felt OK but took almost an hour to warm up - https://www.strava.com/activities/5672022609

I stayed late for fire and fun, as always. We were surprised by an excellent fireworks show that lasted seemingly forever. The ride back to Penns Landing actually knocked off some time for today's challenge too, but I will only use it if I feel horrible later.
My legs are not happy with me this morning. 2 out of 3 full pulls up Parachute Hill on the SS. Glad we did the warm-up loop of Crossbow.

Top Bottom