The Guitar Player Thread.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Absolutely, definitely focusing on having fun with it.

I'm starting to get used to reading tabs but I'm still more used to traditional notation, just haven't committed to learn what notes map where yet.
What would you say your traditional notation reading level is? Can you handle multiple ledger lines above the staff? If so, I can send some PDFs your way.

And I do agree with @jimvreeland it was all songs for me until I needed to pick up the level of playing. Now the only stuff I need to read is either Broadway musical level stuff when I take on the occasional community theater gig, or church stuff if I take on a Christmas gig.

ebarker9

What would you say your traditional notation reading level is? Can you handle multiple ledger lines above the staff? If so, I can send some PDFs your way.

And I do agree with @jimvreeland it was all songs for me until I needed to pick up the level of playing. Now the only stuff I need to read is either Broadway musical level stuff when I take on the occasional community theater gig, or church stuff if I take on a Christmas gig.

Yeah, I spent some time taking piano lessons when I was younger and did a fair amount of mallet percussion (marimba, xylophone) in college so I'm decent at reading music. Translating that to the bass is another story, but that's what I'm working on.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Yeah, I spent some time taking piano lessons when I was younger and did a fair amount of mallet percussion (marimba, xylophone) in college so I'm decent at reading music. Translating that to the bass is another story, but that's what I'm working on.
Right on - I’ll send a PM

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have my V up for sale for $150 right now. Surprisingly it's had zero bites.

View attachment 167352
Oh shit…. Interested…

I traded my V into Guitar Center. They didn't give me a lot for it buy you get 10% off anything you buy so I ordered a new Whammy Pedal, bought a pile of strings, and dropped off the Talman for a rewire and Killswitch install. I didn't make out, but it kinda feels like I did.
Fuck.

JonF

Would anyone be interested in a classic old Alesis Quadraverb GT? I haven't played at all in like 20 years and its just been sitting the in the original box unused since.

$beer

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would anyone be interested in a classic old Alesis Quadraverb GT? I haven't played at all in like 20 years and its just been sitting the in the original box unused since.

$beer
ha, I had one of these years ago. The reverbs actually sound pretty nice. I have no need for it, but they do make some cool sounds!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My Talman has been at Guitar Center since I bought my DK24. Just got it back and it's so dope now. Super beat up from 20+ years of ownership and a decade of Stage use, but so dope.

PSX_20211024_162143.jpg

I think I'm gonna do a 30 days of Rage thing and post all their songs from start to finish. I know everything they ever recorded. Anyone want to join? Could be fun or motivating if you're going through a dry spell...

Down Rodeo. Whammy set to a harmonize an Octave Lower and the push the string on the pick-up thing are the 2 weird Tom Morello tricks in this one.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It's kinda hard to hear this lead on the original album but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Bow Down raw dog.

Top Bottom