The Guitar Player Thread.

EJphotos

Hell yeah pal! Nice looking Strat! Is that the new MIA Elite series? Love the finish. Can we hear it?
Thanks! It's a '15 MIA Deluxe Ash, one piece body, color is white blonde. I'll have to grab a video snippet of it. Neck is super comfortable, fits like a glove in my hand. It has the compound radius fretboard, which is really nice. Superb build quality.

pete497

Someone mentioned a app they use to learn songs on this thread. I went back through but couldn't find it.

Anyway anyone has a recommendation I'd like to hear it.

Thanks

EJphotos

Someone mentioned a app they use to learn songs on this thread. I went back through but couldn't find it.

Anyway anyone has a recommendation I'd like to hear it.

Thanks

There's an app called yousician that is pretty comprehensive. I have it on my phone, but I don't use it that often. I personally like to figure songs out by ear.
What kind of songs are you looking to learn?

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nothing fancy. Just bustin' a nut, soloing in circles around Gm Blues/Funk tonight. Quick and dirty!

Broke my own rule and used an electric drum sample.

Cant take my hands off the Tele these days.

pete497

There's an app called yousician that is pretty comprehensive. I have it on my phone, but I don't use it that often. I personally like to figure songs out by ear.
What kind of songs are you looking to learn?

I've played around with youthician but its too rudimentary. I want to be able to have an interactive video and tab presentation that I can watch and play along to. I'd like to be able to download different songs.

I could never really pick things up quickly enough by ear. I will watch youtube videos either lessons or just covers to learn songs. I guess I am a visual learner. I have rocksmith which is fun but I prefer the traditional tab to their format.

I am always trying to learn GNR songs, I've been working on Estranged lately. Also been playing around with Zep Since I Been Loving You. That song is like a thesis in blues riffs.

skully

20150409_062218.jpg 20150409_062147.jpg

hey guys .. was hoping I could get a little help .. I would like to sell this beauty ... it is a 1990sh B.C.rich bich that i bought brand new ... it is hardly used and must be seen to be appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i would love to sell it to someone here first .. but , i am not sure of its true value( as i have been out of playing for years) .. any reasonable offers/ help / advice, would be awesome ... if no one is interested ,any advice on a good fair music shop to take to so i could sell it would be great !!! thanks !!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
View attachment 40051 View attachment 40052

hey guys .. was hoping I could get a little help .. I would like to sell this beauty ... it is a 1990sh B.C.rich bich that i bought brand new ... it is hardly used and must be seen to be appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i would love to sell it to someone here first .. but , i am not sure of its true value( as i have been out of playing for years) .. any reasonable offers/ help / advice, would be awesome ... if no one is interested ,any advice on a good fair music shop to take to so i could sell it would be great !!! thanks !!
OMG I used to have one of those!! I don't think they're worth much unfortunately.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yeah. Not surprising. I think I paid like $100 for mine in 90 or so. I bought one because Kerry King from Slayer had one.

skully

bump .... still hoping for alittle help with the b.c. rich I posted above ... anyone have any interest or advise ???

thank for any help !!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
A re-boot of a Gypsy Jazz (ish) ditty, riff thing I wrote a while back.

I know I don't use the proper Gypsy Jazz right hand down-picking technique but I have been practicing it and I'm not very fluid with it just yet. Not easy to go against what my brain wants to do as well as 26 years worth muscle memory.

Right-hand technique is something that I have honestly never given any thought to at all. Having never had any formal music training or lessons, my approach has always been to play however it comes naturally.

Anyway, regardless of the fact that my picking may not be 'correct' to the style of playing, I think I can still get the musical idea out and have some fun.

Mountain Bike Mike

A re-boot of a Gypsy Jazz (ish) ditty, riff thing I wrote a while back.

I know I don't use the proper Gypsy Jazz right hand down-picking technique but I have been practicing it and I'm not very fluid with it just yet. Not easy to go against what my brain wants to do as well as 26 years worth muscle memory.

Right-hand technique is something that I have honestly never given any thought to at all. Having never had any formal music training or lessons, my approach has always been to play however it comes naturally.

Anyway, regardless of the fact that my picking may not be 'correct' to the style of playing, I think I can still get the musical idea out and have some fun.

I'm now subscribed to your youtube page and listen to your playlist in the phones while I use my right brain to do stuff... Thanks for the inspiration and motivation

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Needed a wall ornament... so I went ahead and ordered a Chibson LP. Wonder if it will play at all... I guess for $200... it really doesn't matter.

Top Bottom