The Guitar Player Thread.

Writing lots of stuff these days. Here's one I wrote this week. Lot of layers on this one. There are parts that I envision as being played by horns and keyboards but I just do it all on the geetar, bass, cajon and random things to bang on for percussion...One of the tracks I'm banging on my stool actually.

This was a lot of fun to make. Enjoy.

Red Lights Green Yard

Last edited:
Things with strings number over 30. Been in the game for quite some time. Still only have 2 bikes though. Must reassess my priorities.

Last edited:

7 Geetars and 2 Basses.

That number will likely be 10 very soon and probably 11 shortly after. I want to add a Telecaster and an Es-335 to the mix. Two very different guitars and I want both!

3 guitars.

One decent fender acoustic and 2 pieces of crap (one cheap half sized acoustic and a cheap used electric... actually quite proud I got it used for $45). Good enough for me ;)

7 Geetars and 2 Basses.

That number will likely be 10 very soon and probably 11 shortly after. I want to add a Telecaster and an Es-335 to the mix. Two very different guitars and I want both!
A Tele is a good versatile guitar. I had an American Special Tele at one point, great guitar. Ended up trading it.

A Tele is a good versatile guitar. I had an American Special Tele at one point, great guitar. Ended up trading it.

The American Special is the one I'm looking at actually. Really love it in the 'Lake Placid Blue'.

Tell me, what didn't you like about it that made you trade it?

0115800302_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

It looks good in LPB. It was a nice guitar, but my hand just didn't want to get along with the neck.

New guitar day!

Ended up buying MIM Telecaster Standard today. Tried an American Special Tele but i was really turned off by the vintage style bridge. The modern bridge on the Standard is more comfortable. Also, being able to adjust the intonation of individual strings rather than 2 at a time is a huge plus. And I saved four hundy going with the MIM! The finished maple neck is different too me. I'm so used to rosewood. Frets were a little rough at the edges. Had them file them down for me.

I cant put this thing down! Makes me want to learn more country riffs and get better at chicken pickin. That bright twang tho!

tele2.jpg tele1.jpg

Nice! MIM Fenders are great guitars. Lol, I actually prefer the vintage style bridge on Teles.
Anyway, enjoy it!

Nice! MIM Fenders are great guitars. Lol, I actually prefer the vintage style bridge on Teles.
Anyway, enjoy it!

Ha, yeah I'm sure it's personal preference thing. I rest my palm on the bridge a lot and it just felt weird. Not sure I could get used to it either.

Gotta be honest, I really cant tell much difference between MIM and MIA Fenders. I have an American made Stratocaster and when iv'e compared it against some MIM's, I really didn't hear or feel much of a difference.

Here's an Instrumental tune in 3/4 that I wrote 18 years ago. Shit man that was high school days! Can't remember what the hell I called this one but the chords and melody came back to me the other day while I was jamming in my yard. Played it a few times with my old band back then, but not often. Didn't really fit with the rest of our repertoire which was mostly really funky, dancy, upbeat shit. I always liked this one though and still do.

Had a party at my house a few weeks ago and my buddy Maggs left is Klong Yaw over here. This drum has some serious boom to it but my digital camera mic doesn't really pick up those frequencies too well. Had to doctor it up with some magic digital pixy dust in post.

Been playing around with this free program called Audacity. Able to clean up the recording a little but I still don't know WTF I'm doing in that regard.

Anyway, check it.

Back
Top Bottom