The Freeride Thread

Yoann Barelli just announced he’s leaving Commencal 😢. I bought my Meta because of him. Wondering what I have to buy next... maybe he’s going to Cube with Remy? I wonder if Commencal dropped him because he quit racing....

That reminds me, why has he stopped posting Into the Gnar!? He's very entertaining to watch but racing is usually why these companies sponsor these guys.

That reminds me, why has he stopped posting Into the Gnar!? He's very entertaining to watch but racing is usually why these companies sponsor these guys.
I think he went all in on his coaching business this season. Seems like after he tore his knee last year he’s trying to find his new way... I get it... it’s tough being an athlete. And yeah, Commencal in general seems like a very “competition” oriented company. I figured it was only a matter of time when he announced his retirement from racing. Dude still has a ton of sponsors.

That's my type of riding, except for riding fast down the trail with the rockface on the left. One clip of the bars..

Found this old video of that spot I mentioned a while back. We revived some old DH stuff off Skyline drive in Ramapo. I think it was 2006. Vid quality is poor. Some of the drops and features are lame but the ending is pretty funny. Enjoy...

Found this old video of that spot I mentioned a while back. We revived some old DH stuff off Skyline drive in Ramapo. I think it was 2006. Vid quality is poor. Some of the drops and features are lame but the ending is pretty funny. Enjoy...

Two of those drops were no joke back in the day, the roller drop with the plywood landing was the bees knees but completely blind.

I just grabbed my goblet and turned dem tunes up.

lol this is awesome.

Oh wow... I remember riding that trail a couple of times with some NJ peeps.

I also have a bump on my right hand from where I broke it on one of those trails.

I watch nose-manuals like that and I'm thankful for the forgiving long-wheelbase of my Megatower. I have zero desire to ever ride a vintage DH bike again.

Great vid!! That nose manual while going full tilt at 2:45....
Yeah there was a nice roller you could gap that immediately put you in front of a shitty kicker, which launched you over some nasty rocks on an even shittier landing. Right after that was a big rock roller to flat - you can see Nico clear the first two but then wash out at the bottom of the roller (2:49). I tacoed a wheel pretty good on that one. Fun times! 🤪

Back
Top Bottom