The DIY thread - DIYourself

100% this.^ Tires are such a simple thing that I hate having someone else do on my car.

Speaking of which, anyone have a tire balancer I can use? I need to static balance my winter wheels or throw on some low profile weights. Front calipers are like 1/8th of an inch from my wheels weights, lol.

I have a manual tire mounting gig. Never used it, the principle is that a very long iron lever is supposed to slide between the tire and the rim...what could possibly go wrong with it? I have purchased a plastic tube that I intend on splitting on one side and slide on the wheel lip for protection, but I haven't got to it yet, I started working on bikes instead. The tally of unfinished or yet to begin projects that litter my house and garage is beyond rational...and now I've got a fat bike too...

I have tire irons - early tendencies for self-sufficiency. I have removed old tires from steel wheels, once, and would not recommend it. I stocked up on decent plug kits for each vehicle instead and do not run tubed tires.

For actually purchasing tire equipment, I’m only thinking big-dollar, real deal stuff.

My Dewalt 18v battery packs are shot. I’ve got enough tools that I don’t want to switch platforms to the 20v even though there are some good Black Friday deals.

Amazon has some house brand cheaper packs. I’ve had mixed results with laptop versions so I’m leery but willing to try. Or just pay up and get the OEM.
Anyone?

My Dewalt 18v battery packs are shot. I’ve got enough tools that I don’t want to switch platforms to the 20v even though there are some good Black Friday deals.

Amazon has some house brand cheaper packs. I’ve had mixed results with laptop versions so I’m leery but willing to try. Or just pay up and get the OEM.
Anyone?

Open the packs up and see how the cells are assembled? If they're just button-top lithium cells, but them yourself and replace them. Lots of guides out there on doing it.

Anyone?

Dewalt sells a conversion kit to run 18v tools with 20v batteries. It's basically electrical adapter and a couple batteries. Check it out

Dewalt sells a conversion kit to run 18v tools with 20v batteries. It's basically electrical adapter and a couple batteries. Check it out

Funny I just ran across that. So I ordered a Black Friday drill and battery kit and the $25 adaptor. I get two new batteries and a bonus drill.

@Karate Monkey I've seen such but I know I'd always be worried when on charge. I had the cheapo Amazon lights for a bit and did the bucket concrete floor charge cause I'm scared of fire and stuff.

Just get a VESA 75x75 with no provision for VESA 100x100, should not stick out. If such a thing even exist...

i dont care about that so much, it is at the max height of the arm as pictured,
so doesnt free up desk space

i dont care about that so much, it is at the max height of the arm as pictured,
so doesnt free up desk space

Ah, I have to admit that both the top position and the bracket sticking out kind of bother me. I may have to buy a set of studded plus tires for the Fuggy in order to get over it...I MUST RESIST THE URGE!

NiCd batteries are trash and the Dewalt originals are like $50+. I remember I got some knock off Amazon two pack for like $16 some time ago for my dad because he always still had a bunch of the older tools. At least there are now like 5 batteries to rotate. Slowly switching him over to Lithium stuff since I use the tools too. #christmasiscoming

Back
Top Bottom