The December Get Outside (Or Anywhere) As Long As Your Active And Take A Picture Thread

D7FCE901-1EDF-479B-98D9-8360C533A122.jpeg

Late start today, went out for a short one. Tried to find an alternate route from reaville to clover hill but that was a fail. Over rainbow bridge to wertzville and finally this road is open - yay:

View attachment 113177

On the way back, took some new roads north of Amwell and somehow got lost in Neshanic. Ended up at Old York but had to check the map to see which way back.

@rick81721 I spotted you on Clover Hill yesterday. Around 3pm.

None of the roads off Clover Hill are through streets back into town. All developments. Heading towards Amwell, Plennert and Blackwell make their way out to Hillsborough (Woodfern and Hockenbury I think) but they just run between Old York in Raritan and Amwell in Hillsborough. I think that's why they did a bike lane on Voorhees and Clover Hill as there is really no other alternative.

@rick81721 I spotted you on Clover Hill yesterday. Around 3pm.

None of the roads off Clover Hill are through streets back into town. All developments. Heading towards Amwell, Plennert and Blackwell make their way out to Hillsborough (Woodfern and Hockenbury I think) but they just run between Old York in Raritan and Amwell in Hillsborough. I think that's why they did a bike lane on Voorhees and Clover Hill as there is really no other alternative.

Ha you didn't pull me over? I should look at google maps before setting out but sometimes like to just explore. I took a left from reaville to kuhl thinking that went thru but ended up on old york.

Ha you didn't pull me over? I should look at google maps before setting out but sometimes like to just explore. I took a left from reaville to kuhl thinking that went thru but ended up on old york.

cross over 202 (Hart) by the home depot, then go under the train tracks. good stuff out there.
Work towards seargeantville, then south, work back at rosemont into ringoes, wertzville->home.
(i do this in reverse, going out blackpoint to wertzville->seargeantville->thatchers->RV area) - some of the HOH stuff is out near ringos ?

if you are in the mood for climbing, use church into flemington, back-roads to thatcher's hill, then either sand hill/loop round valley,
or out towards perryville.

good stuff.

cross over 202 (Hart) by the home depot, then go under the train tracks. good stuff out there.
Work towards seargeantville, then south, work back at rosemont into ringoes, wertzville->home.
(i do this in reverse, going out blackpoint to wertzville->seargeantville->thatchers->RV area) - some of the HOH stuff is out near ringos ?

if you are in the mood for climbing, use church into flemington, back-roads to thatcher's hill, then either sand hill/loop round valley,
or out towards perryville.

good stuff.

Lots of ways to go. Currently exploring how to get to mtb parks. According to Google maps, sourlands and round valley are equidistant at 11 miles shortest route - but I'm not riding that far on 31 or Amwell.

Lots of ways to go. Currently exploring how to get to mtb parks. According to Google maps, sourlands and round valley are equidistant at 11 miles shortest route - but I'm not riding that far on 31 or Amwell.
FWIW, 31 has a huge shoulder up that way, although does have that freeway like section

I was off. Driving the shitbox with your tires on it!

Thought I saw a black sedan pass that looked like an unmarked cop car. Today I went reaville - kuhl - old york - manners - lindbergh south, then montgomery - rainbow hill - clover hill - vorhees corner back.

Took a pic on top of Montgomery at the pipeline. Right after, a guy in an R8 comes up and turns on Puleo. Drives that car on a dirt road every day??

IMG_20191212_144810_008.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I saw a black sedan pass that looked like an unmarked cop car. Today I went reaville - kuhl - old york - manners - lindbergh south, then montgomery - rainbow hill - clover hill - vorhees corner back.

Took a pic on top of Montgomery at the pipeline. Right after, a guy in an R8 comes up and turns on Puleo. Drives that car on a dirt road every day??

View attachment 113272

Prolly a company car that he leases and turns in every two years

Back
Top Bottom