The Amusement Bike Park

Well then better get you some Onyx to shave that weight and improve engagement, but comparing it to the I9 Hydra's at 286g it is kinda heavy. In all honesty I don't care about the weight of anything nor would I most likely ever buy a hub that costs $500+ or a wheelset that costs $1,500+.

Great to know, I can build you a wheel set for only $1499.99!

Dammit! @Paul H (and everyone else) was right...N+1. At least @wonderturtle 's awesome generosity gave me this for pennies on the dollar. Got some cheap rotors and tubes and I'm almost ready to go. Need to align the brakes and rear wheel a bit better. This is my townie/dad cruiser. Now i just need to convince the wife to return that walgoose she bought and get something we can mount ths baby seat to.

20190821_002633.jpg

So let me get this straight... you used your wife as an excuse to add another bike?
Now you are learning!
View attachment 103178

If only my wife was taller... I would have a fat bike right now
Lol. No, she wanted a bike for family rides. I got this for myself for those rides and for road/gravel in general. We're actually almost the same seat height. I'm taller with short legs and she's shorter with long legs, so it sorta evens out.

So I also sold her on the fact that she could take this out and about and then we'll have the baby bike and then I'll probably need another townie in case she and I wanna go on a non kid ride and maybe a fatbike and WAIT. I see what you're trying to do here. Lol

Lol. No, she wanted a bike for family rides. I got this for myself for those rides and for road/gravel in general. We're actually almost the same seat height. I'm taller with short legs and she's shorter with long legs, so it sorta evens out.

So I also sold her on the fact that she could take this out and about and then we'll have the baby bike and then I'll probably need another townie in case she and I wanna go on a non kid ride and maybe a fatbike and WAIT. I see what you're trying to do here. Lol
I didn't do anything... but I am glad you are figuring things out.
As they say.... a happy husband is.... a.... umm.... uhh..... endless money pit?

Dammit! @Paul H (and everyone else) was right...N+1. At least @wonderturtle 's awesome generosity gave me this for pennies on the dollar. Got some cheap rotors and tubes and I'm almost ready to go. Need to align the brakes and rear wheel a bit better. This is my townie/dad cruiser. Now i just need to convince the wife to return that walgoose she bought and get something we can mount ths baby seat to.

View attachment 103175
Townie, hell. Just ride that at Hart's and get stronger!

I didn't do anything... but I am glad you are figuring things out.
As they say.... a happy husband is.... a.... umm.... uhh..... endless money pit?
Ha. Just making jokes. I am seeing how easy it is to justify another bike, especualky when it's cheap.

View attachment 103175

Truth be told it’s less about generosity and more about neurosis - ie, I simply can NOT throw out something like a frame or bike parts that still has some life to it. I’d rather give away (or get some pennies).

Great to see it getting a second life (technically third since I bought it used years ago) Enjoy!

I rode Harts on my SS a few years back when I was down in Long Branch for job training. It was fun, but there were a few climbs that were definitely challenging.

I rode Harts on my SS a few years back when I was down in Long Branch for job training. It was fun, but there were a few climbs that were definitely challenging.
There's a few climbs I can't clean with gears yet and a few more I cant consistantly clean. I can definitely see doing SS as a challenge once I'm able to crush everything with gears. Would be a great challenge to accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom