The Amusement Bike Park

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Am I looking for the same level of humans for the helmet?

Haha. Lumens not humans.

You can get away with less on the helmet. You want more of a flood pattern on your bar light and a spot pattern on the helmet. The helmet light will be pointed directly where you are looking and is used more to supplement the bar light and look around corners or over obstacles the bar light may not illuminate very well.

TimBay

You can get away with less on the helmet. You want more of a flood pattern on your bar light and a spot pattern on the helmet. The helmet light will be pointed directly where you are looking and is used more to supplement the bar light and look around corners or over obstacles the bar light may not illuminate very well.
My Thanks to you and @Patrick for the info, as always.

RobW

I’ve got some lights that died on me in allaire and I had to ride out under the moonlight if you’re interested in having !!!

TimBay

I’ve got some lights that died on me in allaire and I had to ride out under the moonlight if you’re interested in having !!!
Are they shot or maybe just a new battery? Or no clue? Thanks. Hows the baby?

RobW

Are they shot or maybe just a new battery? Or no clue? Thanks. Hows the baby?
Battery is ok.. wired lights are just dumb and cumbersome. Spend the money on L&M urban 650’s... one for bar and helmet.. lasts a good 3-4 hours.. buy once and never regret.. also if it’s not your thing, they hold their value

Edit- baby is great... the toddy is a handful naturally

BPaze

I just picked up 2 of these and thinking about possibly getting a 3rd. No idea if they are good or not
Screenshot_20190913-155124_Amazon Shopping.jpg

TimBay

Blog time (doogie houser music):

That feeling when your dropper goes down fine, but sags when you bring it up. You spend all summer bouncing your ass on it and waiting to get it to settle so that it stays up. You've cleaned it, greased it, pulled it partly apart, but nothing seems to work. Then, tonight while you're cleaning your drivetrain and realizing you've bunnyfucked your back wheel into shitsburg, you get the bright idea to see if loosening the cable clamp 1.00025mm does anything. After 2 slight tweaks, that baby is working like a vietcong prostitute on 48hr leave. Someday I'll be good at bikes; both riding and mechanic-ing.

That said, anyone have a qr 29er wheelset they want to get rid of pennies on the dollar? LBS tried to true my front wheel and said they could only do a little due to max tension in the area of fuckery and now one of my rear spokes is apparently rubbing on the deraileur on the 46t. The wheel is as wobbly as a Timbay on Ten Tanks of Tangeray and Tonic.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have a set of bontrager mustangs in the garage - i think.
hopefully i'll remember to look tomorrow - will let you know.
i think they were sober last time i used them....

TimBay

i have a set of bontrager mustangs in the garage - i think.
hopefully i'll remember to look tomorrow - will let you know.
i think they were sober last time i used them....
Anything is probably better than mine. I've really banged them up trying to learn stuff. Just yesterday, I tried bunny hopping a 3" root, but mis-timed it and thought for sure it was another dent. lol. I'm trying, but this sport is certainly not easy. I really need to get back to focusing on the skills. my riding has been too "go out and pedal" vs "go out and learn" lately.

Patrick

Staff member
Anything is probably better than mine. I've really banged them up trying to learn stuff. Just yesterday, I tried bunny hopping a 3" root, but mis-timed it and thought for sure it was another dent. lol. I'm trying, but this sport is certainly not easy. I really need to get back to focusing on the skills. my riding has been too "go out and pedal" vs "go out and learn" lately.

i blew up a rim a couple weeks ago because i wasn't paying attention....$$$

Patrick

Staff member
found them - look shabby, cause i'm too lazy to clean them.
rubber is in good shape - ignitors
there are a tubeless rim strips, but i think i flatted and put a tube in one, then never went back to reseal it.

1568571934901.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43

Having ridden with you 6 months ago and just a few days ago I can reassure you that you have improved immensely. Sometimes that isn't always apparent but it's true. Even if you are just getting out there and pedaling you are still improving skills. You still have to navigate the obstacles and terrain. Even if you mistime something those experiences get stored up in the old noggin and come into play the next time.

TimBay

I fuggin crushed that 3" root today like it wasnt even there. Hopped really well. Sadly, I did 10 attempts at the step climb on Laurel and did not clean it. Good workout tho.

Top Bottom