Telemark Trails Conditions

IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg

Girlscout cookies: Chainsaw malfunction so we just cleared a go-round on the high side.

Also cleared more of that downed canopy a little ways up the trail that had shifted down since we originally cut it out.

Then did some deadfall clearing on the original Lowline entrance.

Trails are ok although the usual wet spots are puddles. With the wind coming in tonight they should all be fine by Tuesday.

Forgot to mention, Friday i did some light drainage work on the low end of Test Bore and one spot on Telemark Brook Trail. Definitely evident that the Brook feeding into Lake Ames was more of a raging river at some point the past week or 2 with all the rain. Trail was definitely under water at some point but all good now (and leaf-free!). Cleared a bunch of debris as i rode too (Blue Flipper, Test Bore, Iron Spirit, Evergreen, Telemark Brook)

Hmmm, the Ore Deal and The Way trails aren't showing up on the trailforks web page, but are still on the phone app.
Bunch of thigh sized stuff down on Mjölnir (aka Test Bore).

Last edited:
Love this little trail system and all the TLC it gets too! I rarely cross the street to Wildcat proper anymore. Maybe if i were in shape i would loop both but i'm beat after this side. Maybe riding more than once a month would help.

Haven’t been there in a year, looks like some new trails have popped up. Glad to see that side seeing its potential.

Love this little trail system and all the TLC it gets too! I rarely cross the street to Wildcat proper anymore. Maybe if i were in shape i would loop both but i'm beat after this side. Maybe riding more than once a month would help.
I rode there this weekend and I was noticing how much work went into all those rock features.

Thanks.

I’ve definitely not ridden iron spirit. And the last time I rode The Way there was only one trail to descend down to lake ames.
There's a sweet roller a the top of The Way as well. The largest in Wildcat that I know of. It's off on a little side trail at the top of The Way and just loops right back to the trail.

Yup, that's my basic loop. Are the original and new entrance to Low Line both open?
The original north entrance has been cleaned up of deadfall and debris but not raked. If you know where it is you'll find it. Otherwise the new entrance is still there.

There's a few trees down on the Telemark side. On where Free Solo and Shotgun meet. That one can be ducked under. Another one a the very top of Iron Spirit that is a full canopy down across the trail. I'll try to get out and clean these up this week but no promises. Otherwise just a lot a debris all over the place.

Has any mentioned the large branch that crushed the two plank bridge on the Telemark Brook trail...next to the bend...not far from Snake Hill?
Be careful...

Has any mentioned the large branch that crushed the two plank bridge on the Telemark Brook trail...next to the bend...not far from Snake Hill?
Be careful...
Log cut out and bridge..... fixed, for now. It's stable and ridable but we'll get new planks on there in about a week or two weather depending.

Attachments

• IMG_7227.jpeg
    IMG_7227.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7228.jpeg
    IMG_7228.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1850.jpeg
    IMG_1850.jpeg