Tattoos

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
More specifically cycling tattoos....

I recently reconnected with a friend from school who has been tattooing for 15 years now, has his own place in Edison NJ called Classic Tattoo Club and has done my last 5 tattoos. Tomorrow I'm having a bike related tattoo finished up and was wondering if anyone eles has a cycling tattoo or a rad tattoo and would like to share a photo and the story behind it, like what made you get it.. what does it mean. Maybe you have been thinking about getting a tattoo and need a push off the edge.

I have a couple tattoos ranging from a black freehand sleeve done 20 years ago to a sweet ass dragon on my leg... FTR 2 of them have 'meaning' the rest are just flat out cool images and filled my primal desire to mark myself up.

Here is a pic of one I had for my daughter who is named after my mother Denise. The small lady bug is Dee Dee and the large one os my mom.

Screenshot_20200227-094734_Instagram.jpg

My wife has several tattoos and has asked me if I'd be into getting something. I said I would be into something biking or climbing related, but I haven't seen anything I'd want on me. Subscribed for ideas.

What's an ass dragon?
Yeah don't put a bumper sticker on a Lambo.

My wife has several tattoos and has asked me if I'd be into getting something. I said I would be into something biking or climbing related, but I haven't seen anything I'd want on me. Subscribed for ideas.

What's an ass dragon?
If you find something close, you can work with the artist to adapt it or just tell them what you're looking for and see what they can do. They usually want a deposit (around 150) to do any artwork for you. As for shops/artists, Danny "Pain" Rosini (Pure Ink) does some of the best work I've ever seen. Most importantly, look up the work of the artists and don't cheap out. FB_IMG_1582815939406.jpg
Not mine...from his FB page.

Here ya go. Inspiration for all...

Says 16 tattoos but then only shows 14?

My calfs have bike tattoos from my flat pedals pins, does that count? Not that I like them.

I'm a big fan of Ink Master and wanted to get some ink, but seeing how some 'reputable' artists are butchering their canvases...not thank you!

I would probably go for a b/w portrait from Corey Miller though.

Last edited:
I’ve been piecing together an understated partial sleeve on my left upper arm in remembrance of my mom since October. Nothing fancy... black and grey representation of Some of Rutyard Kipling’s story characters. The most recent piece (done a few days ago) was on my inner bicep.... that smarted a bit... and since I’m in the peeling stage... itches like a MF.

I have a follow up with the artist mid April to fill in the gaps. Photos when completed.

I also have a couple of appointments in March with a different artist for a rework of a 25 year old piece on my right shoulder that will extend it down the outside of my arm to about an inch or two above the elbow.

That new work will contain a subtle MTB friendly element tossed in, if the artist can make it work, but it will not be obvious nor will it be viewed as a cycling tattoo by outsiders.

Subscribed.

What's an ass dragon?
Keep in mind some things just don't translate into a tattoo. My new biking jawn is super sick. I'll post it tomorrow.

This was my first tattoo. It means a lot to me as I got it at a very difficult time in my life.
A single Cog/compass with water, skull, and branches/leaves.
297AC055-C968-4C21-A209-03B7721D96F9.jpeg
the whole tattoo is basically saying this- I was lost without direction and cycling was the accelerator which Reconnected me with myself and the outdoors. The skull inside was for my uncle who was dying from cancer. He and I went over all his tattoos and he told me he only had one skull on him which was for him mom..I decided I would incorporate the same small skull for him...and he liked that idea.

Mrs rottin' has a full sleeve and almost full back...planning the next sleeve currently. Almost all of it was done by Tommy Woods, owner of White Wolf Tattoo in Hazlet. https://whitewolftattoonj.com

He does a ton of custom work both color and shaded. I have a couple ideas that I've wanted for a number of years on my arms, but every year I get new skin cancers removed from arms, shoulders, legs, and am hesitant to put the ink on only to have it disfigured when more skin gets removed....

Back
Top Bottom