Taming the Sourlands aka Conquering your Nemesis

jklett

@jklett attempting The Nemesis..... @Kangdoy gets a little farther in.
I managed to stop recording - so my attempt isn't there.....

Made it over the troll bridge again, made the turn to the sidewalk,
and just lost momentum..no idea why. totally had it this time.
Also made the water crossing on the old trail twice. (do you even enduro bro segment)

Like 700 attempts doing the same thing expecting different results, sounds like my MO. Seeing what I'm doing helps though(along with your lines drawing on the followingpost), I'll try again real soon.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick I think I'm available to come down and ride Friday morning if you want a free lesson.

Tipping with beer is appreciated.

i might make it through with you there - all that pressure.
almost made it with JimV, but it was the day after i rode fugawe with you.
plenty of fails over a two day stretch!

lmk - i'm up for a morning loop.

phillychris498

i might make it through with you there - all that pressure.
almost made it with JimV, but it was the day after i rode fugawe with you.
plenty of fails over a two day stretch!

lmk - i'm up for a morning loop.
How are conditions over there now? Would love to get in one of my patented 5 am before the hikers swarm Sourlands rides in sometime soon.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I got a little banged up tonight, but I'll probably be fine for Friday morning. I'll text you tomorrow. FYI, I'm gonna need to see the quality of the beers you bring before we ride. I'm sure you understand.
Let me know what time you're rolling. I'll see if i can swing it.

Patrick

Staff member
Today was the day - after a shaky start, @JimN basically said i was overthinking it, just run it over.
as soon as i got my eyes up the trail a bit farther, i got over the starting hurdle and a couple of attempts later,
made it through. It messed me up for the climb and first half of chunky monkey, but managed to recover.

Jim worked all the rockstacles, including going into devils half acre and make falling water, or whatever that rock climb is,
then jumping up onto the boulder way up top, while some people were up there, riding around them, and rolling off the
other side. He then killed it on the downhill - I was toast!

I did manage to go OTB on that first alternate line up top on red - came off the second rock, looked right at the little rock that you are supposed to miss, and ran right into it. Fixation! look where you want to go, not at what you want to miss!

we took no pictures or video.
beer was traded!

serviceguy

Today was the day - after a shaky start, @JimN basically said i was overthinking it, just run it over.
as soon as i got my eyes up the trail a bit farther, i got over the starting hurdle and a couple of attempts later,
made it through. It messed me up for the climb and first half of chunky monkey, but managed to recover.

Jim worked all the rockstacles, including going into devils half acre and make falling water, or whatever that rock climb is,
then jumping up onto the boulder way up top, while some people were up there, riding around them, and rolling off the
other side. He then killed it on the downhill - I was toast!

I did manage to go OTB on that first alternate line up top on red - came off the second rock, looked right at the little rock that you are supposed to miss, and ran right into it. Fixation! look where you want to go, not at what you want to miss!

we took no pictures or video.
beer was traded!
Fat ride I assume...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome time today, thanks for the tour and beers, @Patrick! Guess you're going to have to find a new nemesis.

I was just happy to make it up the rock obstacle that I killed my rear hub on last time I was there.

The hikers do get a little annoying after a while, but it's also kinda cool to have an audience. I love the looks on their faces when they see us coming ??

Patrick

Staff member
Awesome time today, thanks for the tour and beers, @Patrick! Guess you're going to have to find a new nemesis.

I was just happy to make it up the rock obstacle that I killed my rear hub on last time I was there.

The hikers do get a little annoying after a while, but it's also kinda cool to have an audience. I love the looks on their faces when they see us coming ??

we sold at least 1 fatbike today.
@cfrone1 - he said he uses your shop, and is a somerville local.

His first sentence was "how did you get up here?"
i said, "slowly"

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
I would love to move 1 of the 2 Fat Bikes we have left in stock....Anyone want a Small or Medium 2019 Cannondale Fat CAAD 2 in green...they are one of the extremely few models I am willing to put on sale to move out during this craziness!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions