Strictly METAL

I have a lot of fond memories of Rush as a kid. First ever concert in 1981, saw them a few times. But it seems wrong to do it with Peart gone.

Their loophole is that it will be the 50 year Anniversary of the 1st album, and Neil wasn't on that. He joined the band during the 2nd Tour.

I'm still hopeful the talk of the "good" line-up touring next year is more than just talk. Dream Theater got back together and Rush is doing a reunion tour, so a boy can hope.
Dave has confirmed that Teemu will be their touring guitarist for 2024 as Kiko takes an "extended" leave. I think that everyone would love to see Marty come back, but it doesn't sound like that will happen.

But even if Marty came back, I don't think it would last. The problem with Megadeth is Dave, he is Megadeth. They've put a out a couple of good songs over the years, but they haven't put out a good album since Marty. He can't keep a stable lineup together. Because of his long-standing rivalry with Metallica, he's had guys that could out-drum Lars and out-shred Kirk, but couldn't write memorable songs (not that Metallica has done anything memorable since the Black album). Every album is just where Dave's current musical whimsy takes him, and of course out-shredding Metallica. I think his ego needs to make room for other ideas in addition to hiring whoever is the most technically gifted guitarist out there.

My fondest memory of Rush is seeing them get booed off the stage at the spectrum in philly when they (basically unknown) opened for Robin Trower in 1976.

I have a lot of fond memories of Rush as a kid. First ever concert in 1981, saw them a few times. But it seems wrong to do it with Peart gone.
Its almost 2024, if you can bring Pantera back out without the 2 founding members (the 2 most critical parts of that band), Rush can definitely go back out on the road.

Went to Saltys in Belmar this past weekend to see Prong and Life of Agony. While I was never a huge Prong fan, I feel they stole the show. I know all the hits, but what is some solid stuff from them to check out? A lot of the stuff they played was pretty damn groovy (not in a 60s way).
Life of Agony once again killed it, but after like 5 or 6 shows of the 30 year anniversary, I think I'll take a break.
Saltys was fun. Small. Loud. No sense of security. Good times.

Last edited:
Avenged Sevenfold is playing the Prudential, March 31st. There are a lot of tickets left for $50 bucks

Back
Top Bottom