Strictly METAL

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I've been going to arena shows since 1984, and I can confidently say that the upper level at the Rock is the worst I've ever experienced. Super steep, and lots of seats with seriously compromised views. I was there for Tool when they first toured for the current record, and the view from our seats was horrendous. And of course, the price of all arena-show tickets has been obscene for a long time now.

That being said, I've seen Tool several times, going back to Aenima, and I've always been mesmerized by their live show. Would certainly see then again.
Hear ya. Upper level sucks. But I spent too much money on concerts already. Couldn’t find myself spending more than $117 (fuck you Ticketmaster). From the Side view it was impossible to appreciate all the video/effects. When I saw some other after show pictures (from the front) I was even more pissed 😡🤣

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I was going to. But ended up in Baltimore instead. Although I lost interest in DT since MP left….last show I saw was THE ASTONISHING at RCMH and I didn’t enjoy it.

How was it ???

I still love them. I've seen them twice with Mike#2 and they're still awesome. The last Tour was the best in all the Tours I've seen them on.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there as well. Not a huge fan and only knew a few songs but the show a was good overall. Was Maynard actual on the stage..LOL??
Never seen a show where cameras were banned to such an extant.
This was the 2nd most I've ever paid for a ticket at 200 but I was on the floor so maybe it was worth it.
Caught them once in 97 at Asbury.

View attachment 180449
I’ve been at shows on the floor and there’s a ton of idiots holding their phones over their heads recording the show and it sucks when they’re in front of you. So maybe that’s why?

And apparently the flash being on really pisses him off. Didn’t be say something about shitting down someone’s throat because of their flash? lol

Zaskar

I’ve been at shows on the floor and there’s a ton of idiots holding their phones over their heads recording the show and it sucks when they’re in front of you. So maybe that’s why?

And apparently the flash being on really pisses him off. Didn’t be say something about shitting down someone’s throat because of their flash? lol
Yeah, I get it that's why just haven't really seen it before. LOL he did say he would shit in someone throat.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw the Misfits reunion at the Rock and the sound was absolutely horrendous. Like, all four bands sounded the same. Horrible. Hundreds of dollars for a show I couldn't even understand.
Small venues 4 lyfe
Starland is still my favorite spot to see a show

ebarker9

Probably not metal enough for this thread but I saw Leprous in Boston this past Tuesday and was pretty impressed despite barely being familiar with any of their music.

Sucks that Tool wasn't that good. I saw them after 10,000 Days came out in Camden and it was a great show. Couldn't bring myself to spend a ton of money to see them in a big arena this go around.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My only complaint about Starland is how packed they sell it to the point of claustrophobia.

Otherwise it's a very solid venue.
Yep, totally true. Luckily most of the shows i‘ve seen aren’t sell outs. The bar in the back is always empty enough to get some space, and still see the actual show perfectly.

Captain Brainstorm

Been really getting into this on rotation recently, they're albums have been getting better and better, but Damnum is where its all really coming together, it moves, ebbs, and flows like older Opeth. Beasts and Worms is what's on regular rotation on Sirius, because no one has listened to how good the rest of the album is yet.

one piece crank

40 years ago today Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast album was released. We saw that Tour at the Palladium in NYC, the night after graduating from high school, crazy doesn't describe it!

LmpwZWc.jpeg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Amazon Music suggested this for me today. 🤣🤣Looks like from last year.

All instrumental. Im digging it. Prog Metalish

5447033B-7A1E-47C5-A423-68B6EAF65C66.jpegE16583C4-A2BC-4CF7-B0DA-76E7DB7DD96B.jpeg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Last minute ….prudential suite connection

Queensryche and Judas Priest.

Solid playlists. QR oNly played Empire and before. Nothing of the new sucky material.

JP picked a nice choice too trying to hit most albums since it was the 50th.

B1870032-C9D2-456A-96AD-52CF326D43CC.jpeg368728C5-75CF-4FEB-8F0C-0593E66E4D9F.jpeg

Attachments

• 125E2B11-DC52-4E53-9355-11E231FB84A2.jpeg
    125E2B11-DC52-4E53-9355-11E231FB84A2.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom