Stephens State Park Conditions

Conditions were great today. Trails are solid. Get some.
Nice! I assume you didn't run across anything that might need attention. Currently tracking a mess on Precooler and a big beast on the Plunge. Also some small handsawablle things here and there.

Last edited:
Nice! I assume you didn't run across anything that might need attention. Currently tracking a mess on Precooler and a big beast on the Plunge. Also some small handsawablle things here and there.
Yes we came across one…the same one @shrpshtr325 mentioned. approx here:
IMG_9737.jpeg

Nice work on the rest of the park! Very evident that you’ve been staying on top of the blowdowns. Thank you!

Yes we came across one…the same one @shrpshtr325 mentioned. approx here:
View attachment 228833
Nice work on the rest of the park! Very evident that you’ve been staying on top of the blowdowns. Thank you!
Thanks man. It's become a bit of an obsession. I really wanted to get in there today but I was advised against it because it's the big Saturday of hunting season. It might be a few weeks till I have an opening again.

Overall great conditions yesterday ! A little slick here and there but the weather and trails combined for an outstanding ride.

looks like the wind/rain the other day, did a number. Really need to get @chainsawer some beer for Christmas. Looks like the 23rd will be a busy one for you. Also came across the one on long way round but didn’t list out since you got in your sights already. Thanks in advance also you should consider changing your name to Chainsaw Angel.

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7057.png

IMG_7060.jpeg
IMG_7061.png

IMG_7062.jpeg

IMG_7064.png

IMG_7068.jpeg

IMG_7069.png

There was a lot of water/ice along the trail around the lake. Rest of trails were good.
IMG_7054.jpeg

The little go round looked like a mess too
IMG_7055.jpeg

I just was there
All water crossings are high and water in areas not usual. If you stay away from lake trail, and trestle trail and ride high you will be golden. Lots of down trees and our chainsaw guy is healing a bummer hamstring.
Thank you
If I end up going here I’ll report back this weekend.

Hamstring tolerable. I cleared all of the reported issues on the North side of the park today. Long Way Round, Suburu, Estus hood, Upper Woods Road and PreCooler. Also tackled that annoying monster leaner right at the base of Suburu., the one you always have to duck under.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions