Stephens State Park Conditions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Always good to hit Svens with my dad. Primo condition. Still more hills than 6mr. Rode a bunch of stuff the wrong direction and still had a blast.

worst kept secret in NJ. I wish I lived closer.

Attachments

• F1539698-C6EF-44A7-A90D-443C75FA18A5.jpeg
    F1539698-C6EF-44A7-A90D-443C75FA18A5.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 226

xc62701

A good sized tree down on the Hackettstown side of the golden trail and one other that I can remember but there is a good go around. Overall the place is in great shape!

ryderX

Sunday afternoon I came across 3 different groups of quad riders. 2 groups of 3 including a trailer of some sort with a Yeti cooler strapped to it and another group of 4 quads and 2 enduro bikes. It was like a Quad jamboree festival.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Early ride this morning showed recent quadtard action. It's looking as though the small shooting range by the quarry maybe a meet an greet spot for these knuckleheads. May be of interest to check this area out on the weekends. Pretty sure it maybe the same gang that used to unload at the train station by UPS. Bad enough to have locals but having out of towners doubling up sucks because they try single-track for the fuck of it.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Early ride this morning showed recent quadtard action. It's looking as though the small shooting range by the quarry maybe a meet an greet spot for these knuckleheads. May be of interest to check this area out on the weekends. Pretty sure it maybe the same gang that used to unload at the train station by UPS. Bad enough to have locals but having out of towners doubling up sucks because they try single-track for the fuck of it.
The biggest issue is the state has left no areas for legal quad riding. This creates an outlaw mentality. Basically you’re already breaking laws so what the fuck keep breaking others. I own mountain bikes motorcycles and quads. And if I didn’t mountain bike I sure as hell would look at Stevens is a fun place to ride. I don’t know what the solution here is, but it’s likely to get worse before gets better unfortunately

ryderX

You’re right on point about the shooting range being a staging area. Twice over the last 5 weeks I’ve rolled be there on Saturday mornings and seen groups of Quadtards barbecuing and swilling Busch lights.

Only filthy heathens drink Busch light. That alone should get them thrown out of entire mooch valley. But if this was their staging area then I would think you would see trucks and trailers for their jamboree. They may be staging over by Pub 517.

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

The biggest issue is the state has left no areas for legal quad riding. This creates an outlaw mentality. Basically you’re already breaking laws so what the fuck keep breaking others. I own mountain bikes motorcycles and quads. And if I didn’t mountain bike I sure as hell would look at Stevens is a fun place to ride. I don’t know what the solution here is, but it’s likely to get worse before gets better unfortunately

As much as it sucks, it's the price you pay when you decide to buy one. This isn't a shock to them.

The state isn't responsible for providing public spaces for you to do any activity at all. I live in Essex County. It sucks...but I drive 20-25 minutes to ride my bike legally.

littlev21

what's up with the trail leading from under the route 80 bridge out to continental drive? They turned it into a road, and putting in a bridge on the perpetual wet area.

ryderX

what's up with the trail leading from under the route 80 bridge out to continental drive? They turned it into a road, and putting in a bridge on the perpetual wet area.
They are in the process of providing access to the Morris Canal historical site. ( the incline plane )

avc8130

As much as it sucks, it's the price you pay when you decide to buy one. This isn't a shock to them.

The state isn't responsible for providing public spaces for you to do any activity at all. I live in Essex County. It sucks...but I drive 20-25 minutes to ride my bike legally.
Actually the state IS responsible for providing public space for motorized offroad recreation, they just continue to ignore their own requirement for 2 parks they created.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions