Stephens State Park Conditions

rlb

Actually that's the area I'm more concerned with. Last time I was there was in May, it was pretty much bushwhacking at times

Attachments

• SSPMulch.jpg
    SSPMulch.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 357

pxs231

That area is not on the regular maintenance schedule. The guys who made it take care of it when they feel like it.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually that's the area I'm more concerned with. Last time I was there was in May, it was pretty much bushwhacking at times

That trail hasn't been the same since one of last years bigger storms. Big mature trees were littered everywhere.

I was up there yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. Some overgrowth in the brush area right before you get to the road up top, but not much else that comes to mind. Looks like it was trimmed back a little while ago, but it wasn't nearly as overgrown as when I was there in the middle of the summer.

Question I have is what is the story with the trail that continues across the road that brings you clockwise around the mulch pit? The last time I was there it looked like it hadn't been ridden in a while and was badly overgrown. I glanced over that way yesterday when I came out on to the dirt (millings, actually) road and it still looked not so great, so I skipped it and went right on to the road and back into the woods at the end of the clearing. I always thought it was a fun little section so I was just curious.

That section of trail is nice until the last 20 yards before you hit the road again. I cleared that out a few weeks back, but then once you cross that road, its more of the same trail stopping overgrowth. I started to clear some of it out, but didn't finish and I'm not sure how much trail is left that needs clearing. I might get out there again this weekend and see if I can finish it off as I'd like to be able to connect all of that. I think all of it will be fine once the cold weather comes and the weeds die, but it would be nice to have that year round.

Yup, that's the area. Coming up that trail, its the section before and after the 2nd road that was/is really overgrown.

icolquhoun

rode lower stephens yesterday right about the point where the snow softened up and became a little slippery... if you get there early in the morning before the sun has a chance to do it's thing (say before 12 at the latest) and it had a chance to freeze up and solidify the night before it's good stuff.

rlb

Any reports since the latest storm? Thinking of heading here early tomorrow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
here is my back yard report

thin crust snow go early and report back for my sunday triple :)

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How much snow is on the ground Matty?

rlb

I never did make it out this morning since I got a late start. Looks like I missed some goodness based on the Allamuchy thread. Until next time!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not gonna freeze tonite. It will be a disaster Sun am:(

glad i didn't listen to you this was false announcement. 2" of crusty Velcro through the 3 parks. had to blaze new tracks through most. Absolutely killed myself with 2 others Ian and chris, Good times...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions