Stephens State Park Conditions

zip

I will take the advice in your signature and assume you did not understand the question.
I don't want to go too early and freeze my nose off; also I want to be done before the ground thaws.
Go early, the crunchier the snow, the better the ride.

ryderX

I will take the advice in your signature and assume you did not understand the question.
I don't want to go too early and freeze my nose off; also I want to be done before the ground thaws.
You’ll be fine until we’ll after noon. It’s 17 here in Andover this morning and it was pretty cold and windy yesterday up this way.

alex_k

Has Anybody been here today or yesterday. How was it? Super sketchy or not so bad?
I was there yesterday. It covered with nice tacky snow but most of the logs are very slick. It was quite rideable but low icy branches were numerous and annoying to the point of frustration

I have a friend that hikes and hunts the mountain over by Nobles Rd. ( The white trail coming in from the Sand Pit ). They asked me about all the debris on the trail there, said it was rocks and tree limbs. They were thinking they are there to discourage the ATVs and dirt bikes.

xc62701

I have a friend that hikes and hunts the mountain over by Nobles Rd. ( The white trail coming in from the Sand Pit ). They asked me about all the debris on the trail there, said it was rocks and tree limbs. They were thinking they are there to discourage the ATVs and dirt bikes.
Is that the bottom of the Meisterburger climb descent? If so yes they look like they are positioned to block quad use and are a welcome sight.

Is that the bottom of the Meisterburger climb descent? If so yes they look like they are positioned to block quad use and are a welcome sight.

They said it was down on white and they hiked in from the Sand place / Powerlines area. So I am guessing here but have not seen it.

1582117528462.png

xc62701

They said it was down on white and they hiked in from the Sand place / Powerlines area. So I am guessing here but have not seen it.

View attachment 119449
Yes correct. I have only seen it from that green connector on up the white rumbly climb but whoever did it took some time to drag all the logs out onto the trail. It was definitely set up with keeping the line open for bikers and mitigating quad traffic.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions