State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

Bizarro

it's going to be a chite show at Allaire parking lots. Nothing too different than a nice weekend anyway. go figure. ok carry on.

JonF

Keep in mind, this is likely to be a *PHASED* re-opening similar to how other states have implemented it prior.

It's likely that we'll see pedestrian traffic take first priority along with reduced capacity in the parking lots to emulate capacity reductions in essential businesses.

I would be that cycling, equestrian, camping and other facilities will come online at a later date.

Tl;Dr: You're probably still not riding state parks this weekend.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1588180589205.png

Will 6-mile be ok to ride?

Captain Brainstorm

Keep in mind, this is likely to be a *PHASED* re-opening similar to how other states have implemented it prior.

It's likely that we'll see pedestrian traffic take first priority along with reduced capacity in the parking lots to emulate capacity reductions in essential businesses.

I would be that cycling, equestrian, camping and other facilities will come online at a later date.

Tl;Dr: You're probably still not riding state parks this weekend.

That's not what it says. It says state parks will open on Saturday, county parks and golf courses are at each counties discretion. Reduced parking and social distancing protocol will be in effect, but there is nothing that says or implies cycling is limited in any capacity. You go, you find a parking spot (or not), and that's what limits things.

one piece crank

I ride to my local SP trails, but I think everyone has felt cooped-up, not just mtb'ers, so I expect a flood - parking & on the trails. Glad I still have my lights on the bike...

Top Bottom