State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

Next pandemic is going to be newbies breaking bones while bombing down trails above their riding skills just because they've been reopened...be careful out there!

I ride to my local SP trails, but I think everyone has felt cooped-up, not just mtb'ers, so I expect a flood - parking & on the trails. Glad I still have my lights on the bike...

Hopefully the cloudy / semi-rainy weather will continue. That and going to the parks at early/later times will be the key. Pretty stoked that he/that state is opening the parks back up. I think it will be very good for peoples' mental health.

That's not what it says. It says state parks will open on Saturday, county parks and golf courses are at each counties discretion. Reduced parking and social distancing protocol will be in effect, but there is nothing that says or implies cycling is limited in any capacity. You go, you find a parking spot (or not), and that's what limits things.
I said *likely*.

Even during today's address, he was waffling on things like masks and such. Could you imagine wearing a mask doing cardio? Gov Freestuffs clearly doesn't lift a finger. lol

Next pandemic is going to be newbies breaking bones while bombing down trails above their riding skills just because they've been reopened...be careful out there!
Is this a public announcement or just a another debbie downer moment

I be like
200-1.gif

The entrances to these parks are going to be a wild show with only 50% parking capacity allowed, which I have no idea how they will enforce this. But I can only imagine what its going to look like outside the entrance to Rocky Point parking lot at Hartshorne this Saturday with the rangers/police turning away cars.

Murphy is making this more difficult, he should have no restrictions to parking but ban picnics, loitering and a group can't have more than two adults in it.

The entrances to these parks are going to be a wild show with only 50% parking capacity allowed, which I have no idea how they will enforce this. But I can only imagine what its going to look like outside the entrance to Rocky Point parking lot at Hartshorne this Saturday with the rangers/police turning away cars.

Murphy is making this more difficult, he should have no restrictions to parking but ban picnics, loitering and a group can't have more than two adults in it.
The lots are going to be ridiculous either way. I'm worried it's gonna get shut back down in a week

The lots are going to be ridiculous either way.
first I thought "I'll ride to whatever's open, no parking problem"
then I had visions of getting squished by people doing angry u-turns at the park entrances.
wee need a chopper-drop service

I said *likely*.

Even during today's address, he was waffling on things like masks and such. Could you imagine wearing a mask doing cardio? Gov Freestuffs clearly doesn't lift a finger. lol

Saw another roadie yesterday, while I was being a roadie, wearing a mask. For you know, in case he rides through a cloud of coronavirus swarming behind their queen.

It was a wild show before he shut things down, I expect nothing to change except more people getting towed when they park on the roads outside the parks.

Hartshorne should stay closed until this blows over. Those trails were clogged with people in the dead of winter on weekends before this even started.
You sonofabich . those trail bennies have every right to ride their walgooses without helmets with their unleashed dogs and headphones in blasting Bruce Springsteen like white, blue eyes, 8lbs 7oz baby jesus intended.

You sonofabich . those trail bennies have every right to ride their walgooses without helmets with their unleashed dogs and headphones in blasting Bruce Springsteen like white, blue eyes, 8lbs 7oz baby jesus intended.
Trail bennies !!!!! ? ? ?

Back
Top Bottom