State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

Airplane?

my heart's beating like a jackrabbit.

1588470997813.png

As much as I am laughing at what I started with the Airplane quote follow ups, my point was that with a beard a mask is not as effective.
It's just as effective... if you have it, are asymptomatic, and don't want to spread it. I think that's more the reason for the masks, opposed to trying to keep yourself safe. Other people need to wear a mask to keep you safe.

About as far West as you can get in NJ, I saw one dog walker with two dogs at 100 yards across the hollow, 10am ride. I wore a buff around my neck to pull up as a quick mask, but didn’t need it. Yes, my neck was warm, but I was over-dressed anyway.

Mayor of Metuchen decided to close the giant parking lot at the entrance to the middlesex greenway. So everyone is jammed in the small bank lot across the street. Gotta love politicians.

Current situation at split rock. Lot packed, closed off by police and tickets being given to people who parked on the road. Don’t go to boat launch lot if you were planing to do so.
AD0FA5FF-4009-46CC-8330-B197C2A17B36.jpeg

Henry Hudson usual traffic of people today - most everyone was 5-10 feet apart tho very few had masks.

I rode with a bandana when next to people/ not a big deal.

Cops @ all baseball fields today and parks - doing their jobs.

Apparently chimney rock was a S show of non rule followers.

NJ = Too many people per square inch

Mid morning at a local park. Parked at little known entrance, was only car, so far so good. Stayed west end of the park. 3 riders 1 couple hiking ok this works. New trail climbed, holy crap that's long for a feeble climber but flowed well.

Yesterday literally watched a insanely screaming masked human (in the middle of the woods) and run 20 yards into the woods when she saw ollie leading the way, dog could give 2 craps about people or other dogs. All she wants is to run.
20200315_143848.jpg

Yeah she looks a lot like a savage killer.

Hence my comment yesterday. I have been going with a dog into these trails for last 17 years. This covid crap is ruining it for my trail dog. Had 3 people give either evil eye or say something yesterday.

NJ = Too many people per square inch

Mid morning at a local park. Parked at little known entrance, was only car, so far so good. Stayed west end of the park. 3 riders 1 couple hiking ok this works. New trail climbed, holy crap that's long for a feeble climber but flowed well.

Yesterday literally watched a insanely screaming masked human (in the middle of the woods) and run 20 yards into the woods when she saw ollie leading the way, dog could give 2 craps about people or other dogs. All she wants is to run.
View attachment 127636
Yeah she looks a lot like a savage killer.

Hence my comment yesterday. I have been going with a dog into these trails for last 17 years. This covid crap is ruining it for my trail dog. Had 3 people give either evil eye or say something yesterday.

This. You guys blow it yet? Ride to a park from home - that's what I do as much as possible.

Enjoyed some time in the woods, TM with the Ringwood Trail Crew to install a new bridge near cat’s nest where an old bridge has been damaged over the years by quads. Ryerson was almost full at capacity, the trail kind of busy, lots of people riding bikes with no helmet on. It doesn’t help that the park kept Shepherd‘a Pond parking lot closed which allowed for 1/2 capacity of the park but it was all concentrated in the same couple of spots. No biggy, I walked.

Last edited:
I am willing to bet the person thought she was a bear and freaked out.

Ramapo was a mess. The parks are open, but people act like there is no virus. 20 people together, blocking fire roads and no social distancing.

I’m curious to hear any first-hand reports of what the scene was like at Allaire and/or Hartshorne/Huber yesterday and today.

I stuck to the road both days.

I am willing to bet the person thought she was a bear and freaked out.

Ramapo was a mess. The parks are open, but people act like there is no virus. 20 people together, blocking fire roads and no social distancing.
Lol a darwf bear. She literally stand 16" at the shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom