State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just an FYI in case anyone cares, but the trails to Terrace Pond (technically part of Wawayanda) are still closed. There was a ranger parked in the P7 lot on Clinton Rd today to turn people away. I chatted with him and he said entering Waway from there on Old Coal was fine. No parking at P7 though.

Ronnie B

Alright, the Leader is happy, good news!

“I don’t want to get too out ahead of my skis at 1:05 p.m., but early reports — these are early, preliminary, and anecdotal — so far, so good,” Murphy said Saturday afternoon during his daily coronavirus press briefing in Trenton. “We’ve got to make sure they stay that way.”

Reactions: don

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many of you ride in the winter with a balaclava? Other than the temperature, how is riding now with a bandana/mask much different?

It has to be like 10-15 degrees for me to be able to wear the mask or balaclava in the winter.

Fat Trout

How many of you ride in the winter with a balaclava? Other than the temperature, how is riding now with a bandana/mask much different?
No argument intended but my answer is..... glasses. I can put them on my head in a store, not riding a trail of any significance (winter too).

Fat Trout

Above average visitation compared to summer months.
Zero social distancing.
This is exactly what got nj parks closed.
Opened on a Saturday, best day of the year thus far. Not shocking. Hold back flow with a dam, let it pile up and quickly let it go and you get a quick flood.

Reactions: don
Top Bottom