Stans Hubs

Light, reliable, easy to service. Only ever used mountain version.
Con is you can't buy them separately but only as part of wheelset as far as I know.

I had version 1 & now version 2. I had 1 minor issue with v1. Some play in the front hub, really no big deal, otherwise they were fine. V2 ,with Arches, I've had for about a yr now with zero issues & that;s with a good amount of hard riding. The front hub play thing is gone & rear hub engagement is good. Great value hub IMO.

I thought Chin Haur made the Stan's hubs. And well, for many other manufacturers. I believe WTB, AC and a bunch of others.

Yep

We have sold well over 50 wheelsets w/ these hubs in the last year.

While I still favor DT hubs, the Stan's hubs are unbeatable for the price to performance ratio.

I doubt you are not going to win a fashion show w/ these though.

I have not seen any examples of poor performance / durability so far on the mtb hubs.. so thumbs up for sure.

Also keep an eye out for the new Arch Ex rims which began shipping about 3 weeks ago. They managed to make it lighter,wider and stiffer than the old version. This is a no brainer. They made the best selling rim even better.

The only bummers that I have seen from these guys is the Alpha road rim. This rim is way way too soft. It looses a ton of tension when you install a tubeless road tire. I have been avoiding these and going w/ the HED c2 Alloy rims instead.

The hubs are good. Cheap and light, but they seem durable and they have all the spare parts available, plus they are super convertible. Engagement seems about the same as a hope. Only problem is they dont sell them seperately, so you are stuck with a stans factory build, which may or may not be what you are looking for.

I run these on my 29er with arch rims and so far they're good. Only issue I had was the rear hub came loose and wore out a bearing within the first few months. This was probably my fault. You need to make sure these hubs are tight from the factory and I never bothered to look. I believe it was a 5mm hex on each side and they tighten right up. If you ride these hubs slightly loose you will burn out the bearings in no time like I did. Stan was great and sent me out a new set of bearings without a question. Since the bearing replacement I have at least 500mi on these without a single problem.

Back
Top Bottom