SSaP...where P =

I take these everyday and did pretty good at a race once

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363832276.161692.jpg

I highly recommend them!

didn't realize i missed two pages. oops.

This thread reminded me I was out of multivitamins. Thank you.

So- is there any other outcome you are looking at besides beating Matty at SSaP? Average times or anything?

my best finish ever is 14th. by doing this i'm hoping to, at the very least crack the top 10. i'd also like to beat matty but he's right- i left him for dead last year and 7 miles later he passed me as my legs were cramping into tree trunks. i didn't plan properly last year. won't make that mistake again. i'm gonna to to matty what germy did to me a few years ago: ride the wheel for the last 15 miles and pass him when his legs die. from over training. :D

I'm going to get one of those helmet mounted rear view mirrors like Ben has so I can watch this all unfold.

i hope that camera is a remote controlled drone b/c there's no way your hippy ass is catching me.

my best finish ever is 14th. by doing this i'm hoping to, at the very least crack the top 10. i'd also like to beat matty but he's right- i left him for dead last year and 7 miles later he passed me as my legs were cramping into tree trunks. i didn't plan properly last year. won't make that mistake again. i'm gonna to to matty what germy did to me a few years ago: ride the wheel for the last 15 miles and pass him when his legs die. from over training. :D

The only thing here that is relative is crack which will be bought and smoked from the sale of your bike after realize you don't belong on one.

The only thing here that is relative is crack which will be bought and smoked from the sale of your bike after realize you don't belong on one.

of course i don't belong on a bike...at least not racing one. i'm far better suited to hours of field work or pillaging a village.

barbarian2.jpg

Come on man, I wanted to see some real stuff, EPO, testosterone, HGH. This over the counter stuff anyone can do.

That being said, still interesting to read

Come on man, I wanted to see some real stuff, EPO, testosterone, HGH. This over the counter stuff anyone can do.

Yeah none of these are "PEDs" - more accurately "APESs" - Allegedly Performance Enhancing Supplements.

Constructive criticism: I think your approach is alittle bit off. Seems that your approach focuses on getting stronger. While this is a factor and maybe easier to notice gains in a relatively short time, I would like to see something that focuses on changing you blood and also something that makes you lose a big chunk of weight. Your bigger muscles aren't going to do anything if they don't have oxygen and your bigger muscles aren’t going to help when you are 20lbs larger than you opponent. You are no doubt already stronger than most of us on here and giving your system more oxygen will make the difference. This is obviously more dangerous, but YOLO, right?

Last edited:
I agree with Kevin, I really don't see how this is going to help at all. I would venture a guess if I were to go head to head in the gym with likes of say, Eric O or Kirt the outcome would probably say I'm stronger than them. But they will still drop my ass in any form of cycling.

While entertaining, your plan needs to address increasing cycling performance.

Last edited:
yet still no one answers the philosophical question about taking the superman pill? huh.

ok, onward!
Constructive criticism: I think your approach is alittle bit off. Seems that your approach focuses on getting stronger. While this is a factor and maybe easier to notice gains in a relatively short time, I would like to see something that focuses on changing you blood and also something that makes you lose a big chunk of weight. Your bigger muscles aren't going to do anything if they don't have oxygen and your bigger muscles aren’t going to help when you are 20lbs larger than you opponent. You are no doubt already stronger than most of use on here and giving your system more oxygen will make the difference. This is obviously more dangerous, but YOLO, right?

i am still dedicating the vast majority of my time to riding. i am also really, really watching my diet. much more than i have in a long time. i drink beer with dinner pretty much every night. some people do wine, i like my IPAs. i've cut that out completely. i've also eliminated 95% of the processed foods. the only exceptions being the occasional lean pocket or triscuits. i'm eating as many single source foods as possible.

trust me, if i wanted to get BIG, this would not be the direction i'd go.

i have a few other things i'm considering as well. i just need to talk to my buddy.

I agree with Kevin, I really don't see how this is going to help at all. I would venture a guess if I were to go head to head in the gym with likes of say, Eric O or Kirt the outcome would probably say I'm stronger than them. But they will still drop my ass in any form of cycling.

i hear ya chris and under normal circumstances i'd agree. now that said, i don't think for a minute that i'll EVER keep up, in a real race-like environment, with the likes of Eric, Bill or Kirt. my thighs are wider than their waists (but their shapely, not doughy :D).

i guess we'll have to wait and see.

yet still no one answers the philosophical question about taking the superman pill? huh.

ok, onward!

i am still dedicating the vast majority of my time to riding. i am also really, really watching my diet. much more than i have in a long time. i drink beer with dinner pretty much every night. some people do wine, i like my IPAs. i've cut that out completely. i've also eliminated 95% of the processed foods. the only exceptions being the occasional lean pocket or triscuits. i'm eating as many single source foods as possible.

i have a few other things i'm considering as well. i just need to talk to my buddy.

i hear ya chris and under normal circumstances i'd agree. now that said, i don't think for a minute that i'll EVER keep up, in a real race-like environment, with the likes of Eric, Bill or Kirt. my thighs are wider than their waists (but their shapely, not doughy :D).

i guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think you've got the right idea w/ the diet. IMO, that'll give you the biggest gains in performance on the bike.
I hope you dont...err dont think... you need to give up the beers though. I drink as often as you and drink the night before races too (same amount...1 or 2). I don't think it's had a negative impact.
And I would consider superman pills...as long as it was tested out on someone else first :cool:

Last edited:
I will be watching this whole thing unfold....

I find what you're doing interesting, but at the same time I wish you weren't doing it. Go figure.....

Here's the active ingredient in A-HD

A-HD™ Proprietary Blend 250.00 mg **

(3s4s)-4-[(34-dimethoxyphenyl)methyl]-3-gydroxy-3-[[3-methoxy-4-[(2s3r4s5r6r)-345-trihydroxy-6(hydroxymethyl) oxan-2-yl]oxy-phenyl]methyl]oxolan-2-one(2r3r)-23-bis[(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)methyl]butane-14-diol (2r3r4s5s6r)-6- (hydroxymethyl)oxane-2345-tetrol s)-5-hydroxy-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-3-decanone

I'm no chemist, but there may be some liver toxicity so you should probably completely cut out the alcohol.

Here's the active ingredient in A-HD

A-HD™ Proprietary Blend 250.00 mg **

(3s4s)-4-[(34-dimethoxyphenyl)methyl]-3-gydroxy-3-[[3-methoxy-4-[(2s3r4s5r6r)-345-trihydroxy-6(hydroxymethyl) oxan-2-yl]oxy-phenyl]methyl]oxolan-2-one(2r3r)-23-bis[(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)methyl]butane-14-diol (2r3r4s5s6r)-6- (hydroxymethyl)oxane-2345-tetrol s)-5-hydroxy-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-3-decanone

I'm no chemist, but there may be some liver toxicity so you should probably completely cut out the alcohol.

I am a biochemist and that's the longest fricken' chemical name I've ever seen!

ok, onward!

Sure, I'll take the pill. I watched Limitless.:D

Jake, I was going to ask how scientific you plan to be about this. Is your training regimen the same as last year, or are you doing things differently? If different, then there's really no way to tell if the PED's were responsible or that you simply trained different/better. Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom