south mountain

The Essex County Park Calendar (for the month of May) features a picture of an American Bison, and the calendar also feature the obligatory picture of Joey D, the man who makes it all possible... Am I close?

Not close, exactly correct.

Funny, a few months ago I got sick of looking at this Joe D guy, so I folded the bottom of the calendar back so it obscured his picture.

From the calendar this month:

Did You Know?

Often mistakenly called "buffalo," bison once covered much of North America. They were important to Plains Indian societies that used every part of the bison to make clothing, tools, weapons, glue and much more.

Scary... it was entirely a guess... Your clue screamed "calendar"....I just figured nobody in their right mind would feature some politician on a calendar unless A. They're posing nude, or B. They HAD no choice (as in "Hey, this is my calendar, so my mug goes on it.... gabeesh???")

Not close, exactly correct.

Funny, a few months ago I got sick of looking at this Joe D guy, so I folded the bottom of the calendar back so it obscured his picture.

Late the party as usual...

Just checking in to say... thank you for this, you gave me a good laugh when I needed it.

BB, was Joey D around when you were in Montclair? Maybe he was that 'up and coming" Freeholder at the time? Gabeesh? :)

so is this an elected official or what? and if so when do i get to vote him out? if not, wth :confused:

talk about being late to the party here but i just moved to west orange and i'm starting to poke around to see what, if anything, i can do to help MTB advocacy in this county. i look forward to hopefully taking my (now-infant) son mountain biking in his local parks, South Mountain and Eagle Rock specifically as he grows up. everything i'm reading about the struggles and the effort JORBA and (michael and don?) put in for no return is making me really angry... :mad:

Joe D. has his picture on everything in Essex County. Definition of narcissistic behavior.

IMO, don't waste your time in Essex, at least not until this fool is gone. We don't have enough money to pay his going rate for bribes.

November general elections are coming up, includes vote for the executive. I'll be casting a vote for whomever isn't Joe D, I think the Cedar Grove (mayor?) Is running against, though I have little hope for him.

Joe D has been here since 2003 I gather. Is there a max number of terms for this position or do I have to wait for him to die or retire?

Total sadness. DiVincenzo is a total slimeball and there needs to be someone outside the democratic machine to defeat him. Unfortunately, NJ politics are too far in the sewer to ever come back. From the local politicians all the way up to the governor, our state needs a political enema. (OK off the soapbox now. Sorry for the rant)

meanwhile morris county voted to allow park funds to be used to build trails.
YOU SHOULD MOVE WHERE YOU ARE LOVED

:mad:

Shits Given___________________________Count_____Percent
Dem - Joseph N. DiVINCENZO, Jr.____93,609____76.67%
Rep - Peter H. TANELLA____________28,258____23.14%
Ind- Iggy________________________0_________0.0%

http://www.essexclerk.com/election/ElectionFrame.html

Make the best of what is there. I am not asking permission from these bozos to ride my bike in the open space that tax dollars fund.
Get off my cloud.

everybody to Montville! :D

Right now its a toss up between Whippany and Montville, I haven't figured it out yet. I don't see much difference between the two except the half a percent higher tax rate in montville.

pretty different towns though. Montville is generally bigger properties with shittier homes vs nicer homes on smaller properties in Whippany. Depends on what lifestyle you enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom