Sourlands Trail Re-route Part 2 - Sat 10/20

J-Dro

This time we're planning to finish off the re-route that we started last month between the fence opening and the rock cairn.

Meet up at 9am in the East Mountain Road lot. Ranger Chris will be transporting all the tools to the work site, so you might want to bring your bike to get there. Or hike it, your choice. Thanks for the support.

Bummer, I'd like to participate but I'll be in Shickshinny all weekend!
Lol

good chance of making a ride at 7 then do some tm, if not in the ER. might only be able to get an 2 hours or so of TM in, depends on the family schedule. hopefully the weather cooperates.

10/20 7am ride, 9am dig, 11am ??

Just bumping this up.

the weather man is backing down on the rain totals, and the overnight lows are only going into the 50s. -

check in for the ride, or just show up...

Need a few more for tm, if you are waffling (w/o lance) jump in!
pls let J-Dro know you are coming.

i have to unpull the trigger - i've been feeling a little under the weather the past few days and whatever i have officially bloomed last night into full crap. unfortunately i'm out.

will be there - there is always breakfast if it is too wet....

We did get plenty of rain in the past few days, but it's probably safe to head up the pipeline and hit the higher trails.

Me... I just got back from a west coast trip tonight with a wicked head cold. So I'm hoping to wake up and join the 7am crew but don't wait for me if I'm not there. I'll definitely be there for the TM, so see you guys out there either way.

Looking like the boardwalks are going to be slick. Put on some body armor waiting for the sun.

Well the new reroute is complete and officially open for business. Thanks to Pat, Bob, Steve and Chris for making it happen today. The old trail is still open but will be closed in a few weeks. The best thing you can do to break in the new route is to RIDE IT. That will help pack it down before the winter freeze/thaw cycle starts. It's an easy middle ring climb going uphill, or a flowy downhill going the other way. Thanks again to everyone involved with Part 1&2 of this project.

great meeting everyone today - and riding early with bb'73.
Lots of good work done.

great meeting everyone today - and riding early with bb'73.
Lots of good work done.

You too, Pat. Was nice to get out in spite of the wet ... Managed to eat it on a boardwalk on the way out, but was a controlled slide :)

Let's try to get out again soon.

Some Pics Here

Looking up and down the roaring brook (boulders) from off red, 200ish yards north of the split.
Log feature near the bottom of the new trail/looking towards the fence
Looking down the top of the new section
Hat found on trail (Frank?) - it is hanging on a trail marker near the top
a few shots on the way down

have a video, it is upside down, and not good, since shot with phone
will post some gps info when strava comes back

test rode the new trail today (descending) and it flowed great. 2 thumbs up. next time i will try climbing it. Man those leaves are getting intense out there.

test rode the new trail today (descending) and it flowed great. 2 thumbs up. next time i will try climbing it. Man those leaves are getting intense out there.

looking at pat's pics it looks like its going to be fully covered at some point. rake it and ride it!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions