Sourlands Trail Re-route Part 2 - Sat 10/20

Some Pics Here

Looking up and down the roaring brook (boulders) from off red, 200ish yards north of the split.
Log feature near the bottom of the new trail/looking towards the fence
Looking down the top of the new section
Hat found on trail (Frank?) - it is hanging on a trail marker near the top
a few shots on the way down

have a video, it is upside down, and not good, since shot with phone
will post some gps info when strava comes back

Video editing software will allow you to flip the video around so its no upside down :) ... Those boulders , looks like i think you have 3 pix of them , is that an actual trail or just rocks in the woods ?

Those boulders , looks like i think you have 3 pix of them , is that an actual trail or just rocks in the woods ?

mostly rocks in the woods. there's a couple sections of the trail in that area that actually works its way through stuff like that tho. and there are some lines you can take that also roll through there actually.

mostly rocks in the woods. there's a couple sections of the trail in that area that actually works its way through stuff like that tho. and there are some lines you can take that also roll through there actually.

Sweet ! Yea I was going to say that looks pretty techy and how in the world do people ride it lol . I'm goin to have to take a ride one day thru this place , prob a good place to work my legs a bit.

The boulders are the roaring brook (the water, not the trail) - they are impressive - worth a walk off the trail to see/climb on. just don't drop anything!

here is the satellite. Rocks are in the middle of the pic, surrounded by woods.

used windoze movie maker to do the video flip. thanks for the heads-up. sometimes i think apple does this on purpose. vid is lame, will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sweet ! Yea I was going to say that looks pretty techy and how in the world do people ride it lol . I'm goin to have to take a ride one day thru this place , prob a good place to work my legs a bit.

its a very fun spot - based on what you like to ride (from your posts) i think it would be right up your alley. if you are ever looking for a tour hit me up. i ride at totally insane hours (usually in the dark), but every once in a blue moon i can ride at human hours. the crew i ride with are good people who are out to ride for fun - so there won't be anyone blowing people up on climbs.

Sounds great ! I will def hit u up for sure for a ride ... Hahah yea I'm not great at climbing , try my best but I guess I'll walk what I need to . Well , lemme get my bike all together and get a few rides in at some easier spots first and I'll make my way over there .. Hopefully Jeff can join in as well :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions