Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

Rode there from home this afternoon and attempted the lower trails - ridiculously muddy. Turned around and headed back on the road!

Rode there from home this afternoon and attempted the lower trails - ridiculously muddy. Turned around and headed back on the road!

When the lower trails are like that, you can bypass them by climbing the gas line. The trails up top are usually better because they're rockier and drain better. Although this applies more to rain mud than freeze-thaw mud. Looking at the weather report for this week, it should be sloppy all the way past next weekend with these warm temps.

When the lower trails are like that, you can bypass them by climbing the gas line. The trails up top are usually better because they're rockier and drain better. Although this applies more to rain mud than freeze-thaw mud. Looking at the weather report for this week, it should be sloppy all the way past next weekend with these warm temps.

That's what I thought based on my experience running there but I asked a hiker and he said it was worse up top - eh shouldn't have listened to him. My original idea was to try to climb the pipeline to the top and fool around up there.

Still muddy?

I'm wondering if I should head down after work to ride or just stay up north and ride some snowy trails in ringwood where there is so much sand and rock that I won't be damaging anything. Anyone?

Rode there last weekend. Still cleaning mud off my bike. I don't think I've ever seen my bike or any other bike so dirty from that ride.:cry:

hey there! Any word on conditions tomorrow for MLK day?!?!

might be going that way...off tomorrow..

Thanks in advance!

Biz.

might be headed out that way tomorrow (Sun)... how are conditions ya'll ?

Thanks!

Frozen solid. Just don't wait too long to get out there because even though its only going to peak at 34 deg tomorrow, the sun will be beating down all morning and it will eventually get soft.

Did a quick dawn patrol frozen snow ride this morning. Made first tracks on every trail so was pretty psyched on that. It was slippery and sketchy in some spots though but no mud, just some hidden frozen puddles. What i was not psyched on, however, was this:
14892_3929705416148_1897870627_n.jpg

Guess i shoulda invested in a bash guard.

just got in under the wire today. typical stuff - lower sections were softening up, the ridge was generally pretty good. new trail on the left side was slick. it was ok because it was cold enough, but i don't think it's ready for mass consumption unless its really cold.

when it warms and doesn't get below freezing, this place is going to need some time.

Not bad on foot, but it looked shitty to be on a bike.

Warning iPad in ice no clue mow it smellchecks

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361155934.119124.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361155934.119124.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 177

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions