Sourlands Area Roads Updates

rick81721

Lothar
Not the sourlands (yet) but apparently it's chip seal season again. Hit a road 3 miles west of 202 that was just done.

Oh and got a double tap wasp/yellow jacket sting on my neck right before that road...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This was an unwelcomed move by the township. No one up here is happy about it.
Did they actually plow the stones off or was it just the stones getting pushed into the dirt, hence the need to re-stone every few years?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is some work happening on Rilleyville on the Wurtsville road side.
flagger and 1 lane.

rick81721

Lothar
Rock Brook Bridge at Zion and Dutchtown-Zion roads is under a complete rebuild - since it is a historical bridge (built in 1825) they are completely restoring it. The project manager from Somerset County (guy in the black t shirt and green hat) was there and loves to talk about it! Said they are finding some 19th century artifacts in the bridge.. Won't be done until end of Nov earliest

https://bridgehunter.com/nj/somerset/rock-brook/

20210819_113629.jpg

20210819_113640.jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Here’s the current list of screwed up/partially destroyed/closed roads in the Hillsborough area of the Sourlands due to the storm. Feel free to add - I’m not sure where to get a list from the townships out in Stockton/Lambertville/Hopewell.

Hollow
Grandview
Rainbow Hill
Manners
Cider Mill
Mine (off Stony Brook)
Elm street bridge in Neshanic

Ian F

Rock Brook Bridge at Zion and Dutchtown-Zion roads is under a complete rebuild - since it is a historical bridge (built in 1825) they are completely restoring it. The project manager from Somerset County (guy in the black t shirt and green hat) was there and loves to talk about it! Said they are finding some 19th century artifacts in the bridge.. Won't be done until end of Nov earliest

https://bridgehunter.com/nj/somerset/rock-brook/

View attachment 165335

View attachment 165336
I wonder how that bridge faired in its somewhat weakened state? I can image all of that wooden reinforcement getting washed away.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hollow is open and back in good shape. Only one spot goes to one lane now (by the house right on the road where they are fixing the foundation)

Top Bottom