Sourlands Area Roads Updates

Not sourlands, but approaching the area. Alexander Road at the canal, will close for 6 months, starting in early November. This cuts off a main artery into Princeton, so you can expect Harrison, Washington, Quaker Road / Princeton Pike to be a mess during this period.

This may be old news by now, but Alexander reopened last week. Nice wide bridges with bike lanes.

Washington Rd headed east kind of stinks. The road approaching Rt 1 was converted to 2 lanes when Alexander was closed. Very little room (no shoulder) for a bike. It's not bad now, with fewer cars are the road, but it was a mess before COVID-19.

Washington headed west (both sides of Rt 1) toward Princeton is fine.

Repaving East Mountain and Hillsborough road(I know it's technically not sourlands area but it's close and on my usual route).

taking people there to ride sours them on the whole idea of mountain biking.

To quote @jimvreeland - "if you want someone to never ride with you again, take them to the sourlands or round valley"

:D
I remember back when I first started mountain biking, someone told me you could ride there. My second or third time on the bike I went there by myself and wound up hiking the whole thing carrying the bike. I was like "Who the F can ride this crap?" :p I didn't go back until years later with @J-Dro and saw people who really know how ride here.

I remember back when I first started mountain biking, someone told me you could ride there. My second or third time on the bike I went there by myself and wound up hiking the whole thing carrying the bike. I was like "Who the F can ride this crap?" :p I didn't go back until years later with @J-Dro and saw people who really know how ride here.

Yep my first mountain bike ride ever was there. I had been running the trails for a few years and figured, "how much harder can biking be?". Got about 1.5 miles thru white counter-clockwise, turned around and got out of there. I couldn't even get up onto those 6" high wooden bridges without crashing!

E. Mountain road lines painted by the 3 stooges;

20200814_143043.jpg

20200814_143227.jpg

Speaking of sourland roads. on today's ride I saw more roadies than I've seen combined the last month. These goldilocks cyclists...

Speaking of sourland roads. on today's ride I saw more roadies than I've seen combined the last month. These goldilocks cyclists...

i'm not sure how i missed you out there - but yeah, lots of people on the drop bars today.

Back
Top Bottom