Soundz Like Training Long Time

You may find more enjoyment with just riding your bike. No training, no racing, no keeping track of hours spent on a bike...just have fun and ride. I say this because you need to find your way and just be comfortable with cycling.

+1 but I been saying that for like a year now.

Incredibly, an astounding 66% of the religious in South Korea are Christian. So while I appreciate your carrying on the message, I'm not sure it's going to land appropriately.

Sadly I don't even know what religion The Hat DJs for. Jainism?

You are young, enjoy life.

Tao of Poo

Yes, just ride, I think I said that too, or maybe I said work on staying upright, whichever works in your situation.

And aren't you like 40 or pretty damn close? I know poo is like 60 or something, but you ain't a spring chicken, hence why these injuries keep yo down

Monday, March 14

The End
I've decided it's time to bring this thread to a close. The last 3 responses, all from people who's riding abilities I respect, is unanimous. While I can't totally agree that it's not what I have been doing for the past 5 months, I can't say that it's been totally off my mind either.

I also feel this perception that for some reason people think I don't have fun riding my bike, which could be the furthest thing from the truth. I mean if I wasn't having fun, I wouldn't be so eager to get up after I fall down or be up at dawn trying to figure out where to ride next. If that was the case, I would have sold my bikes and quit this board a long time ago. The truth is I love riding my bike. My body loves it, so does my brain. So whether I'm doing intervals or hill repeats or moving at a snail's pace with a group of newbs or bashing my head in on a rock at Ringwood, I have fun riding the bike.

Having said that, there must be a reason why public perception is the way it is. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the title of this thread. Or the way this thread started out. Or the way I write in general. Or whatever.

So I'm taking the advice. Just ride. No training. No keeping track of hours. No HR monitor. No blogging about every ride and how my legs felt. No trying to figure out how to get faster for the next race. I guess I do have to qualify it with a few things though. I'm still going to race. And I'm taking my Garmin with me. Rather than go into an explanation of why, I'll just say I'll make it work w/o it being about training. If that makes my statements less meaningful, so be it.

In case all of my 2 fans were disappointed they won't have any more reading material, there is a good chance I will start up another thread. I just need to come up with a good title that has nothing to do with nutrition and training. Suggestions are welcome.

Ride
Although I've been kind of jealous of all the 60, 80, 100 mile rides going out recently, this is all I could muster for today. I'd like go out for a nice long ride sometime soon before HOH.

GPS: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73127182

Church
So yea, it's pretty crazy how Christianized South Korea has become. The biggest church in the world, at least in terms of membership, is in Korea. If you go to Flushing (large Korean community), there's like 2 churches on every block.

In other church news, I found out last week that our Manhattan church was getting kicked out of Irving Plaza with 1 week notice. If I had to explain it in the most politically incorrect way, it was stolen from right under us by a much bigger church. It made me angry for a bit, then I got over it in about 10 minutes. Plans are already under way to move into a bigger location, which I can't really talk about until the contract is finalized. It will be a better fit for our needs and it's a testament to how much we've grown in the past year, so all is good.

So yesterday, I had to run the sound for the Manhattan church (temporarily at the Irving High School across the street), which meant that I had to be there at 8AM, set up, tear down and be at the Queens church by 1:30PM, then head over to Jackson Heights by 4PM to set up and run sound there. I got home at 10:30PM and was all church'ed out by the end of the day. It will be more of the same next Sunday, then hopefully we will be in the new location by the Sunday after. At some point, I should be able to choose which service I go to, which will open up my Sunday mornings when I need to.

It's hard not to write about church because other than riding the bike and work, and some music related stuff here and there, there's not much else in my life right now. Speaking of music, I decided to spend some of my extra time off the bike making a track:

http://soundcloud.com/soundzorg/red-eye

Photo
manhattan
196995_614686486198_711381_34270799_5872672_n.jpg

196628_614377365678_711381_34266323_5015106_n.jpg

flushing
200467_614414501258_711381_34267016_1329915_n.jpg

jackson heights
189177_614443962218_711381_34267454_992670_n.jpg

196264_614442355438_711381_34267389_6741114_n.jpg

Last edited:
:cry:
I think once spring is finally here you might have a whole different outlook.
I have always liked your thread and especially the pictures.

:(
I vote to keep "Soundz Like Training Long Time" possibly restructuring the contents.

Having said that, there must be a reason why public perception is the way it is.

It's because you wrap yourself up in the stress of injuries that leads most of us to believe that this is as much a chore as enjoyment. You took 20 days off the bike, something that hasn't happened to many of us in years. It's probably been 10 years since I've been off the bike for 20 days. I don't think that's abnormal with many people here at all. People get hurt, I understand that. But it seems to me it happens more with you than anyone else I know.

You were sick not too too long ago, which you've documented. I have to wonder if that has any effect on your injury rate. What knocks you out for a week is a small bump in the ride for many of us. My analogy is that you weren't able to walk at one time. So you keep trying to walk, then walk fast, and you trip every single time. It seems like this is more than a walking fast issue, that there's more going on here. What that is, I don't know. Only you can say, and maybe you don't know either. Because you are you, and you don't really know any better.

I think you should still record what hours you ride, but that's about it. Just try to ride a lot, and let everything else fall where it falls. I think in some way this thread likely motivates you, though you seem to have hit a breaking point recently and have been losing focus and desire. It happens in the winter, though last winter you seem to have cruised through it with much less of an issue, IIRC.

That's all I really have for now. That and: stay on 2 wheels.

I also feel this perception that for some reason people think I don't have fun riding my bike, which could be the furthest thing from the truth.

For me the issue is not about you having fun but rather the fact that you don't seem to be making any progress on the bike. It doesn't matter if you ride 13hrs/wk or 3 hrs/wk, you are not making any headway. So you might as well not sweat a serious work out regime and just kinda wing it...which is what you have gravitated to.

I do believe you enjoy riding your bike and posting about your rides as well as church life. I am a fan and like to hear what you have to say, even if you do crash weekly.:D

Yo Jimmy - finally getting back on the board after the winter hibernation. Lets do the Waway, JH, RW circuit soon. I'm trying to get myself together for a 2 hr Waway ride this weekend if you're interested.

Yo Jimmy - finally getting back on the board after the winter hibernation. Lets do the Waway, JH, RW circuit soon. I'm trying to get myself together for a 2 hr Waway ride this weekend if you're interested.

awesome .. will contact you offline

Monday, March 14

The End
I've decided it's time to bring this thread to a close. The last 3 responses, all from people who's riding abilities I respect, is unanimous. While I can't totally agree that it's not what I have been doing for the past 5 months, I can't say that it's been totally off my mind either.

It's hard not to write about church because other than riding the bike and work, and some music related stuff here and there, there's not much else in my life right now. Speaking of music, I decided to spend some of my extra time off the bike making a track:

http://soundcloud.com/soundzorg/red-eye

I like that track. I definitely reminds me of late nights. What do you use to record? It sounds like Keyboard or MIDI controller to PC.

I don't see why you wouldn't write about church. It seems like a big part of your like. You don"t come off sounding preachy. So why not?

Dude. You have 35,000 views on this thread so obviously you have more than 2 fans. Keep going!

Back
Top Bottom