Soundz Like Riding Short Time Many Time

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It would be a huge undertaking, but I am guessing that you have considered putting the shipping container partially into the hillside (for keeping it cool and maybe mushroom growth). Is it too rocky or just the task of doing it, being too much and not a priority?

Interesting.. I've considered 10000000 other things but not that. The soil is very rocky, but there aren't really huge boulders so I feel I can dig good enough with my backhoe.

My current vision for the containers is to put a roof in between and eventually make it 2 stories with a garage-like space in between. And I'd like to put a little cabin next to the creek. Also would like to put one way at the top of the hill where my property ends.

But yah priorities.. I don't even have a bathroom yet :D

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rattling Creek

20230126-125143-HDR.jpg
20230126-120012-HDR.jpg
20230126-114310-HDR.jpg
20230126-035415.jpg
20230124-113011.jpg
20230122-134212.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think there were other shipping container farms as well:

TBH, I'm not super interested in growing mushrooms. I might try at some point just to see how it works. But for the most part, it's more interesting to me to find (new) stuff in nature. Growing feels like work, lol.

serviceguy

It's double fried. Some places triple fry it. And the crust has more of a sweet garlic soy flavor.
The thing is I don't eat fried food anymore and never liked fried chicken anyway. I'm sure it's great, just not for me. I do love garlic, even though I know Korean take it a completely different level.

I watched a couple of videos only due to time constraint and I am super impressed, this is something I would do if I was younger, single and had an inch of courage in me...

The fact that you own a backhoe...respect!

Some people made really nice living quarters out of repurposed containers, like stacking them on top of each other, next to each other...once you rust proof and insulate them they're like impenetrable.

How far are you from Ringwood?

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The thing is I don't eat fried food anymore and never liked fried chicken anyway. I'm sure it's great, just not for me. I do love garlic, even though I know Korean take it a completely different level.

I watched a couple of videos only due to time constraint and I am super impressed, this is something I would do if I was younger, single and had an inch of courage in me...

The fact that you own a backhoe...respect!

Some people made really nice living quarters out of repurposed containers, like stacking them on top of each other, next to each other...once you rust proof and insulate them they're like impenetrable.

How far are you from Ringwood?
I'm near Oneonta and Cooperstown. So way up there.

Mr.Moto

Interesting.. I've considered 10000000 other things but not that. The soil is very rocky, but there aren't really huge boulders so I feel I can dig good enough with my backhoe.

My current vision for the containers is to put a roof in between and eventually make it 2 stories with a garage-like space in between. And I'd like to put a little cabin next to the creek. Also would like to put one way at the top of the hill where my property ends.

But yah priorities.. I don't even have a bathroom yet :D
Did you need to get any permits for the containers or do towns just don't care what you do on your property up there?

Top Bottom