so i was at the shop today...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
...getting my rims "trued" which amounted to two 1/2 twists on two spokes and aaron chase and george ryan walk in the back. apparently john has known these guys forever and works on their bikes and builds their rims.

the funny thing is- i had ZERO clue who either of these two guys were and had to google them. they're fawking sick riders.

if there was ever an endorsement for a shop, one that works on pros bikes regularly has got to be one of the best.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
aaron stops into rt 15 on a regular basis too. as well as lenosky and a few others. of course the two shops are somewhat connected. john worked for rt 15 for many years before leaving to start cycle works. i used to work with john at 15.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
aaron stops into rt 15 on a regular basis too. as well as lenosky and a few others. of course the two shops are somewhat connected. john worked for rt 15 for many years before leaving to start cycle works. i used to work with john at 15.

yep, i knew that you worked with him.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am always glad to see that those 2 have stayed in NJ. You might figure that they would move to Colorado or Whistler but they seem happy here.

There was a Maxxis ad a while back that had Jeff wall riding a Billboard near Sparta.. (wild Bill's I think) anyway I stopped one day to look at it and I couldn't even grasp how he got up on the thing.

These guys are operating on a entirely different level.

NJ is lucky to have them.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Yep they are intense riders, and do NJ proud!

The billboard is on 206, just past the intersection with Waterloo Rd (east side of Allamuchy) as you head north towards Cranberry Lake...like you, I wonder how he got enough momentum to ride it!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I hope i run into george soon cause i can't wait to tell him he's being googled. It will make his day!! If you want to run into them more often try the local bowling alleys.I think AC and GR would rather bowl than ride sometimes.............

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Yep.. I sometimes meet up there at cranbury lake to ride.

I jumped off that foot bridge into the lake one day.. The lifegaurd there was not super happy..

clutch

jdog said:
...There was a Maxxis ad a while back that had Jeff wall riding a Billboard near Sparta.....

Aaron hit the same billboard in CR5.

AchaseWildWest.jpg

Apologies to DH Productions

Top Bottom