Sleep?!?! How do you do it?

yall are psychopaths that sleep with no sound/white noise machine.

i swear when i dont have one and im trying to sleep, i can hear my hair grow
My twin nephews use white noise machine. They play that shit so loud, one time we were on vacation down at Icona in Avalon, and the security knocked on the door because they thought someone left the water running.

My wife and kids use a fan in the fucking thing runs all day. None of them will shut it off. When I stay in NJ, I sleep in silence. Not a noise to be heard.

My twin nephews use white noise machine. They play that shit so loud, one time we were on vacation down at Icona in Avalon, and the security knocked on the door because they thought someone left the water running.
ha there is certainly a sweet spot for volume

Love me a good ocean waves track, that's my go-to when trying to sleep on a plane.

Everyone is different as to their genetics. We dont need much sleep in my family. My 100 year old Grandmother has never slept much. No one size fits all. I go to sleep late and get up early. For me, If I eat right and exercise I need very little sleep(quality sleep hopefully). If I eat like crap and don’t exercise I need more sleep. Hope everyone gets to ride today as tomorrow looks like a wash.

I feel like I am always willing to put in the work. My problem is my mind constantly races. I don’t drink to get drunk, I drink to fall asleep. This is a double edged swird as I almost always wake up in the night to pee. According to Garmin my sleep patterns are always fluctuating. I can almost never fall asleep during the day and rarely wake up later than 7. I need to calm my brain, like in yoga. When I go to bed at night I fall asleep immediately but getting to the bed is the problem. I have a class a cdl and crane license so gummies, cbd, weed etc won’t work. Melatonin seems to make me sleep through the night but anything but a deep sleep.
I did cut back on alcohol and I have been sleeping a lot better. I only have a couple of drinks when we go out for dinner once a week.
Also lost 5 pounds, too.........

Tinitus is my noise machine.
Same. It's not as bad as it used to be (or maybe my mind has tuned it out) but spending my early 20's standing in front of a 100W tube half-stack did no favors to my hearing.

That said, I need silence to sleep. I always travel with earplugs in case I need them. It kinda sucks as it means I have difficulty sleeping with windows open. I have the Northeast Corridor rail line less than a 1/4 mile to the east and I-95 maybe half a mile to the west. And on cool evening from Spring through Fall, the crotch-rockets will scream up and down 95 at 10K RPM all effing night.

Same. It's not as bad as it used to be (or maybe my mind has tuned it out) but spending my early 20's standing in front of a 100W tube half-stack did no favors to my hearing.

That said, I need silence to sleep. I always travel with earplugs in case I need them. It kinda sucks as it means I have difficulty sleeping with windows open. I have the Northeast Corridor rail line less than a 1/4 mile to the east and I-95 maybe half a mile to the west. And on cool evening from Spring through Fall, the crotch-rockets will scream up and down 95 at 10K RPM all effing night.
Joseph Stalin
People with fart can exhausts
Adolph Hitler
Mao Zedong.

That order may be slightly off. I used to live a the off-ramp of 287 and NJ Transit in Morristown. Moving to a spot without street lights providing enough light to day light my place, nor a highway or major road has been great for sleep. Cat, not so much. I much prefer sleeping with the windows open when the weather is nice.

The affect of noise pollution is under appreciated.

Last edited:
I can believe it. I'm sure I made no friends 10+ years ago when I would occasionally commute to work in a Cummins 12V (not quiet even stock) with what was effectively a straight-thru exhaust = Loud AF @ 5am. My current 1992 Ford 7.3 IDI is only a little better, but at least I don't drive that van right now so it's only visually offensive in my driveway and not audibly as well.

I can believe it. I'm sure I made no friends 10+ years ago when I would occasionally commute to work in a Cummins 12V (not quiet even stock) with what was effectively a straight-thru exhaust = Loud AF @ 5am. My current 1992 Ford 7.3 IDI is only a little better, but at least I don't drive that van right now so it's only visually offensive in my driveway and not audibly as well.
I was camping in central VT some years ago and was woken up around 4am with an empty logging truck jake braking and rowing gears thru the nearby hills. At first I was like "you mutha f**ker!" but then again that engine (I'm guessing Detroit) sounded amazing lol

Back
Top Bottom