Six Mile Run conditions?

D

dzm3

Good

Couldn't wish for a better weather.
Mostly the trails were in good condition. The soil was damp and tacky, for the lack of a better word, but not wet muddy.
There were two three muddy puddles with standing water.
And the section by the river or stream was impassible. There were many wood pallets covering about half the way, but after that, the mud was deep soft and very sticky.
But like I said, that was that one section and two three other small spots, the rest of 90% of trails we covered were in good condition.

dz

NJ Jess

Still too muddy

The beginning was real good, but that mud stuck to your tires so well that the rear one would barely turn. This place definitely needs to dry out. We took the bikes to the car wash and lightly washed the big stuff off. The TM since last year is great, but it needs a lot more. I also found a short cut in driving to 6 mile from Toms River. I'll get Jason to post as soon as I get the street names. The Mexican place in the strip mall next to the soccer field is the best.

ArmyOfNone

The Mexican place in the strip mall next to the soccer field is the best.

Yes it is! That was the normal spot after our night rides.

J, Chris and I went out this morning. First time in a long time that we have been through the hole park. As was said earlier, the trails were dry except for the usual spots. Some were pretty bad, but that is six mile for ya. That stuff wont be completely dry till like august (mayb exaggerating).

I wouldnt say six mile would be the place to go rite now. But if you don't mind the mud then go for it.

On another note, i rode J's bike with the q-rotor rings and well, im putting them on my bike when they come in. Thats if he doesn't have em' already.

i left the gps at home. BOO

walter

Fourth Party
BOOOO no GPS, HOORAY Q rings. The day I was there he suggested that I try them on a real ride, more than just taking his bike for a ride around home depot, I should have grabbed one. Oh well, next time

The mexican place next to Lucas??? Isnt that lady asian?

I thought the same thing when I walked in - best G*d-damned burrito I have had in a long time, served up by Chinese chefs.

Reminds me of the best pizza I have ever had, cooked up by Mexicans.

Hey, anyone can follow a recipe, right?

SpartaBard

mmm. Mexican food. Hey shaggz when is our mexican restaurant going to open? Supposedly one is opening next to The Pizza Place. Rattlesnake Cafe in Denville or that place up in Sussex are kind of a haul.

edit: Warning, blatant thread hijack.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Meg said the Pizza Place plans on moving and opening by May. Mexican - maybe June? No liquor license, but I make killer margarita's, so we can put 'em in a pitcher and walk over.

Ok, threadjack over.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I had fun riding 6 mile last night. Thanks to Jason for the early tour of the place, hope to return the favor at Allaire in the near future. Also big thanks to the "girl crew" and dmitri x 2 for the great company and laughs. Always makes a ride better having friends new and old along at a new spot.

I learned that asian mexican restaurants can be pretty kick ass, the car wash on 27 north of 6 mile doesnt kick too much ass and that when someone from up north says "Its rideable for sure, the spots that are always wet are wet", it means your ass will be quite muddy by the end of the ride.

Random pic of the trail:
medium.jpg

Link to full res if you want to add it to the trail directory section: http://www.pbase.com/image/76323235/original.jpg

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

man, the have been many times i have been on rides w/ guys running gears and thy have had SERIOUS mechanicals. Broken chain rings, dérailleurs , you name it. Made me soo happy to have my bike. Plus SS is so much cooler!

Wobbegong

I had fun riding 6 mile last night. Thanks to Jason for the early tour of the place, hope to return the favor at Allaire in the near future. Also big thanks to the "girl crew" and dmitri x 2 for the great company and laughs. Always makes a ride better having friends new and old along at a new spot.

It was nice to meet you Ken, glad you enjoyed the place. I'll take you up on that offer once I get my fitness level back to where it should be. I've had minimal riding time lately and it certainly is showing.

Top Bottom