Six bridges

It's short enough of a trail, just do it both way! :getsome:

That being said 9 times out of 10 I'll do it CW.

My problem is the hill after the bridges trail. Regardless of which way you go on the bridges trail, you have to climb back up to get to the rest of the park. :drooling:

My problem is the hill after the bridges trail. Regardless of which way you go on the bridges trail, you have to climb back up to get to the rest of the park. :drooling:

Someone should install an escalator on that fireroad after Bridges. ;)

A bit after you pass 'Double S', it gets too loose & steep for me an' I gotta bail. :eek:

i guess u call it Double S,
the one coming down from the look out, it is kinda "switch backy" isnt it? :p

I know what you are describing. I usually come down that trail to the Bridges trail. Then ride the wider trail back up to access Renegade.

I'm not a fan of back-tracking although every circumstance is different. I choose the wider trail because it is more direct to other areas of the park that I want to ride. Also because I'd likely be forced to walk portions of that switchback trail on my SS. I'm forced to walk on the wider trail but it is a small price to pay to get to other areas quickly.

There is another option too.

After only about 100 feet after completing bridges, proceeding uphill, at the first junction, you'll see a faint trail on the left. Take it and in the beginning it's actually fun and it meanders just behind some locals' backyards until shortly it turns steeply uphill, morphs into a steep and rocky hike-a-bike and eventually terminates at the lookout/other end of "Double S".

Truest rule re: MTBing: what goes up, must come down (& vice versa :D)

There is another option too.

After only about 100 feet after completing bridges, proceeding uphill, at the first junction, you'll see a faint trail on the left. Take it and in the beginning it's actually fun and it meanders just behind some locals' backyards until shortly it turns steeply uphill, morphs into a steep and rocky hike-a-bike and eventually terminates at the lookout/other end of "Double S".

Truest rule re: MTBing: what goes up, must come down (& vice versa :D)

ahh, isnt that trail all overgrown? havent been there in looooooooooong time.

It is.
(I said it was faint. :D)

It's not maintained, so it abounds with deraileur grabbers, but it is there.

It used to also extend all the way around the mountain to the dirt road with the white pump house at the end of it. Not sure if it still exists though, and I have no idea who would have been responsible for that trail. :rolleyes:

And Ben, both ways take you to within 50 ft of each other at the top. The good thing about taking the double S trail up, is that nearly everyone misses the view when riding down. ;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions