Serviceguy's angst...or how I cope with life by cobbling bikes (not a thread about pizza).

I figured out what the problem was with the bb, the dealer I bought the frame from installed only 1 spacer on the drive side instead of two and none on the non drive side. RF instructions say otherwise. It will have to wait for when I come back from Italy, unfortunately things with my dad have gotten a turn for the worse, I am about to board my flight to Florence.

I will keep you in my thoughts, let us know if there is anyway we can support you.

I figured out what the problem was with the bb, the dealer I bought the frame from installed only 1 spacer on the drive side instead of two and none on the non drive side. RF instructions say otherwise. It will have to wait for when I come back from Italy, unfortunately things with my dad have gotten a turn for the worse, I am about to board my flight to Florence.
Sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe.

thank you guys, You’re the best thing that happened to me since I moved to NJ (after my wife, but I knew her before).
Hoping for the best for your dad and your family.

Only natural there will be these type of reaction from others. You are one of the first persons reaching out to offer a helping hand. Your generosity and friendship are being reciprocated.

Thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that Leo. Anyone I have ever spoken with in their 90s always have always said it’s not an easy decade. Prayers for your family.

Very sorry to hear this Leo, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My dad passed last night. My mom was at his side and got to see him go peacefully after suffering for the longest time. I appreciated all the thoughts and good vibes that were sent our ways by this community and to get back into its warm embrace as soon as possible.

Happy trails Damiano, dad!

Sorry to hear this Leo, condolences to you and your family. Find solace in the fact he passed peacefully, surrounded by family.

From my family to yours we send condolences and prayers. He lived a full life from fascism to moon landings, bi-planes to jets, and much more. Be happy you had him around so long, that's the blessing. Godspeed Damiano! In our hearts and minds forever!

Leo, I am very sorry to hear of your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

There’s really no good words at a time like this. You’re no doubt partially numb from the shock of hearing the news, even though you knew it might be coming. Sad for loss of your father. Scared at some level (which is normal) and a tinge of guilt wondering if you could have done more with the time you had with him or guilt that at some level relieved that his suffering is over.

This last two are the hardest to deal with. Everyone feels it. We shouldn’t, but we do.

It’s hard not to feel lost yourself while trying to be strong for the rest of your family.

You are not alone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom