And ended at this vale.

The dirt was a mighty cruising time,
The visage fun and new.
I mean there was a boat right there,
And no-body knew...no-body knew.

The access started getting rough,
The tiny trail was tossed,
If not for the courage of the Ice Bike crew
The Gilligan would be lost, the Gilligan would be lost.

The trail hid under leaves and sticks ignored much for a while
With Gilligan...
Ice Biker too...
Satan Pez, and his wife..
A Madison Dan..
The Sound Guy, and Mary Ann,*
Here on Gilligan's Isle!!!!
KJFKcuM.gif

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for everyone who has volunteered so far. Got your emails and replied. In meantime, keep 'em coming and I'll be in touch with next steps/timing.
Wait, are we supposed to email you?

I posted “in” a while back. That’s like the same as an email, right??

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Wait, are we supposed to email you?

I posted “in” a while back. That’s like the same as an email, right??
Thanks, you may have missed it but in my update last week I was looking for contact info (email and/or mobile) so we could build a contact list for volunteers. Thanks!

argyle

Tell us more about this new trail on the east side, Icebiker!
Also, while we're at it, can we have a switchback trail right up the face of the hill due south of Sunrise Lake so that riders have an additional option to access the top from the northern part of the park? Lastly, if there was some single track up on the hill beside the Yellow fireroad that follows around Sunrise Lake, that'd be way more fun than the gravel spin past the softball games and directly through families bbqing.

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Tell us more about this new trail on the east side, Icebiker!
Also, while we're at it, can we have a switchback trail right up the face of the hill due south of Sunrise Lake so that riders have an additional option to access the top from the northern part of the park? Lastly, if there was some single track up on the hill beside the Yellow fireroad that follows around Sunrise Lake, that'd be way more fun than the gravel spin past the softball games and directly through families bbqing.
The new east side trail will start from the lot above Sunrise and avoid the pavilion/BBQ area, snaking above doe meadow and tapping back into the network near the current border with Jockey Hollow. There are a few new sections north (near 124) and south (near Tempe wicke) I’ve proposed that we’ll have to get to another year that will add some variety to the park but we’re taking a long term view here. Rome wasn’t built in a day so to speak but the vision is there. IM me with your contact info if you’d like to volunteer. Cheers!

The new east side trail will start from the lot above Sunrise and avoid the pavilion/BBQ area, snaking above doe meadow and tapping back into the network near the current border with Jockey Hollow. There are a few new sections north (near 124) and south (near Tempe wicke) I’ve proposed that we’ll have to get to another year that will add some variety to the park but we’re taking a long term view here. Rome wasn’t built in a day so to speak but the vision is there. IM me with your contact info if you’d like to volunteer. Cheers!

rome wasn't built in a day but the empire state building: 1 year 45 days, lincoln tunnel: 20 months. so i guess 5 years for mcpc to build 2 new trails and repair a few sounds like it makes sense actually😂😂🤣😅

Last edited:

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
rome wasn't built in a day but the empire state building: 1 year 45 days, lincoln tunnel: 20 months. so i guess 5 years for mcpc to build 2 new trails and repair a few sounds like it makes sense actually😂😂🤣😅
Paid labor vs volunteer 😉. Plus, the 5 years is to build an entirely new network. The two new trails are just the first year.

Last edited:

LenMarsz

Thanks for the input so far everyone. Many valid points and good suggestions, a fair amount we’ve accounted for so far (and don’t get me started on those mudder events! 🥵) but some incremental perspective that is valuable too, so please keep it coming. I actually think we could use more rocks in the park for armoring and tech sections but there really aren’t any. Too many shallow rooted beech trees 😒 which also makes for hard labor, so mechanized help is not out of the question. Thanks also to those that have raised their hand to volunteer too, it’s much appreciated! 👍 I’ll synthesize this all once the input winds down.
Just noticed the thread. I am willing to help with TM as I live relatively near LewMo. Let me know when and where.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions