Running With the Foghorn Leghorn

My 2 cents on jumping, a dropper post (or just lowering yours for a little) will make it dramatically easier to bunny hop.

I learned to to bunny hop when i was a kid on my BMX bike and at one point I was hopping over shopping carts, and able to do 360s (not at the same time :) ) Really wish I kept riding.

I just gotta step in. Leave well enough alone. Ever since back in the day with your "dumptrucker" at the Mooch you have held the pole position on worst bike handler ever. I have never seen anyone that looked so unnatural on a bike. Remember the "Death March" crash?? Wanna go back to that but worse?? There... I said it...if you get hurt my conscience is clear...good luck:D

I never thought Norm was a bad bike handler.

ANT:
I know you work exclusively from home these days.
I am working from home this week.
My question is: How do you maintain your social skills?
I have precious few as is, and don't want to be a hermit come Friday.

Also, assuming no Skype calls, how often do you shave your face?

I just gotta step in. Leave well enough alone. Ever since back in the day with your "dumptrucker" at the Mooch you have held the pole position on worst bike handler ever. I have never seen anyone that looked so unnatural on a bike. Remember the "Death March" crash?? Wanna go back to that but worse?? There... I said it...if you get hurt my conscience is clear...good luck:D
IDK, @soulchild and @Norm technical face off?

ANT:
I know you work exclusively from home these days.
I am working from home this week.
My question is: How do you maintain your social skills?
I have precious few as is, and don't want to be a hermit come Friday.

Also, assuming no Skype calls, how often do you shave your face?

ask iggy, he'll know.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

I think @liong71er has just about put me out of my misery in this 31/31 competition but I did toss out another 3+ hours today to get me up to 46.5 hours in 14 days. I plan to head to Stewart tomorrow to ride & clean the course so maybe I get 3.5 hours in? Probably not but I will cross 50 the following day so I will be on pace for 100 hours in July and yet almost surely unable to keep the big L in sight. This is probably good because I'm getting a bit tired.

I recapped my ride on the 31/31 thread so I won't do it again other than to say a few things:

1. The canal is boring
2. Saw @Robin & @SpartaBard
3. Got dumped on
4. I removed an entire tree by hand that fell on the trail. If you go from the 27 lot and do the rollie stuff right before the first field opening, you may see a pretty big tree to the side and branches strewn all over. I ripped it apart by hand and dragged the tree away. @woody would be proud.
5. No pictures of #4. All business.

@mattybfat - a huge reason I would really like to learn to do that stuff better is the DH run we hit on the way down from Burke Mountain. Holy hell that was fun. I did hit 1 jump and got a hair out of control as @pearl saw behind me. When I hit it and landed he let out a big WHOA or something. Not sure if he was commenting on the air or the fact I probably was a little off balance and such. I feel that Gonzo allows for a greater margin for error being more upright & all.

I suppose "dirt jump" is the wrong expression? I want to be able to do the doubles that are all over the place. GD the jumps are fun even at my basic level. Maybe the Mountain Creek idea isn't so bad? JP says they have stuff like that up there. One of the guys up there did get in touch with me about this so maybe it's an idea.

ANT @jmanic -

I mostly maintain my social skills by talking to my plants. I also end up talking to someone on the phone now & again so I guess I have to retain some modicum of that, though engineering does not lend itself to that to begin with so I guess that's not saying much. Aside from that I do talk to D all day and I try to get out of the house and ride with people when I can. I also text @UtahJoe on & off all day. I have no idea if this helps but I feel like I'm always in communication with someone, all day every day.

I shave 1-2 times a week. I should shave more because it starts to itch. But I'm also very lazy and have this knack for riding my bike until 15 minutes before I have a call then I jump in the shower real quick and often times don't have enough time for it. I did shave today, however. See below.

I really want to go back and edit my entries for the Vermont trip because they were so sparse when I did them. I have the list of people & dinners we had plus the Strava links. So I can likely reconstruct them at a later time. But I'd like to do it sooner than later because it's still kinda fresh in my mind. Of course tomorrow I'm off to NY so it likely won't happen then.

On that note, I still miss those trails. As awesome as the canal is, KT is better.

I have no additional pics for today. So I'll give you this. This is how I feel when I think of the canal riding to/from Six Mile. This was hard to actually do because D is sitting here laughing at me.

image.jpg

that pillars of creation poster in the back seems to have some other idea of creation on its mind.......at least from my perv pov.

@Norm Jason has us covered at Creek. Kid loves putting on a beating on us old slow get your fun on downhills folk. You will see that gravity can be a hard day too just different.

I was just talking this weekend with a very accomplished dirt jumper/trail rider/bike genius about how much I'd love local access to a good pump track. I'm positive it would do great things for my mtb skills, along with being a blast on its own.

I was just talking this weekend with a very accomplished dirt jumper/trail rider/bike genius about how much I'd love local access to a good pump track. I'm positive it would do great things for my mtb skills, along with being a blast on its own.
Paging @don

I want to be able to do the doubles that are all over the place.

Kingdon trails has doubles or spread out rollers?

Doubles - take off (steep lip) > gap > Landing. Like in Kev's first fitbike video

Rollers - No lip on the take off. More like the second video of Whistler

Kingdon trails has doubles or spread out rollers?

Doubles - take off (steep lip) > gap > Landing. Like in Kev's first fitbike video

Rollers - No lip on the take off. More like the second video of Whistler

On a few trails in the main part of the park there are some small jumps, some bigger ones in moose alley. I didnt get to ride the stuff on the actual ski hill, but I imagine thats what norm is referring too.

Back
Top Bottom