Rumors...

Correct me if I'm wrong. I could come up with a format a little more like what I had recounted previoulsy? The start/finish and overall time is not a required format?

Format is up to you. If you make it too goofy (all riders must wear blue shoes) we'll reject it. But the point/money distribution is your call. The more people that you encourage to ride, the better, though whatever gets the game moving forward is good in my book.

I will be putting on the Ringwood 9 hole challenge.

Each "hole" will consist of a section of trail between 0.5 miles and 1.5 miles in length. The rider will earn points based off of their time in comparison to par for that section. The rider with the lowest score will earn 10 points for the challenge, 2nd lowest, 9, ect, ect.

2 things with the rules, you should establish a minimum number of riders for each race. Say everyone thinks my challenge sucks, and no one shows up. I can still put it on and earn 10 points. Also you don't specify that the races have to include bikes, you just say "ride". Can I have a race that we "ride" skis or snowboards?

That's cool, sounds good. I have considered Bike Golf before but as a sort of 9-section technical challenge. Your rules though.

* On minimum riders, how about 5?

* It needs to be bike related. No significant running, swimming, kayaking, or snowboarding allowed.

That's cool, sounds good. I have considered Bike Golf before but as a sort of 9-section technical challenge. Your rules though.

* On minimum riders, how about 5?

* It needs to be bike related. No significant running, swimming, kayaking, or snowboarding allowed.

Technical sections could work better, simply because having 9 holes over a mile with people riding either one at a time or staggered could turn into a very long race. I'll have to think about it some and when I post the official rules, we will see.

who's gonna organize the night race?

Having done many night rides with groups. I have found that riding all out on a course that is not very well marked will result in lost riders.

The format Will is proposing may lend itself very nicely to night race.

I have to perfect spot for a very fast short track race...Nothing goofy, just fast. You are serious about this right?????

I've had another idea for a mtb race that I've been kicking around for a while- a track-style "miss and out" race but on mountain bikes. We've got some tiny loops that are decently wide but with some short, steep climbs (areas that have been torn up from atv's and motos). So we'd mark out a tight course of about 1/4 mile, then start a race pack of 20-25 folks. After 4 laps, we start weeding out the pack... last one across the line gets pulled. You don't have to be the fastest, but you can't be the slowest, and if you crash, you better be faster at getting up than the guy who goes down with you. ;) When it's down to the final 3, they sprint out the last lap for the final placing...

I've had another idea for a mtb race that I've been kicking around for a while- a track-style "miss and out" race but on mountain bikes. We've got some tiny loops that are decently wide but with some short, steep climbs (areas that have been torn up from atv's and motos). So we'd mark out a tight course of about 1/4 mile, then start a race pack of 20-25 folks. After 4 laps, we start weeding out the pack... last one across the line gets pulled. You don't have to be the fastest, but you can't be the slowest, and if you crash, you better be faster at getting up than the guy who goes down with you. ;) When it's down to the final 3, they sprint out the last lap for the final placing...

I like this idea, except I'd most certainly lose. :D

kris, you realize that if you organize the master race, that you can't participate in the master race. you have to sit on the sidelines and watch the master race go by, right?

I'm thinking of a Round Valley something or other on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Might as well get this party started, right.

Maybe 2 part. A short XC-style lap race. Not short track necessarily but a 15-20 minute lap race. Say 4-6 laps or so. Second part would be a hill climb, or 2 or 3, after the first race. I don't have a cool name for said race just yet. Classes will be determined day of race depending on turnout. We would ride to the start area, approximately 30 minutes from the lot.

you probably should state entry limits, and get a firm commitment prior to the event. you may also want to consider restricting participation if someone commits to then bails on "x" number of events.

norm you should call it "the round up at round valley", and make everyone dress like cowboys and all the spectators would have to yell "hhyaa" and "giddyup" at the racers as they ride by. winner get's branded.

norm you should call it "the round up at round valley", and make everyone dress like cowboys and all the spectators would have to yell "hhyaa" and "giddyup" at the racers as they ride by. winner get's branded.

Thats awesome
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man, you guys are in love with rules.

Who needs an actual race. LETS MAKE MORE RULES!!!!

;)

OK, there's a limit of 400 riders. :)

We'll see what the expected turnout looks like. I have a feeling it may be Maurice, Sean, and myself out there for race #1. If enough people are interested (like 3), I'll do a beginner race to get people's feet wet on racing. But plans are just to do 1 class of any number and then do the 3 hill climbs, 2 pure bonus climbs (anyone who cleans them gets points) and 1 competition to see who gets furthest on the beast.

That's f'ing funny man. I actually did LOL at that. If I can round up a cowboy hat and spurs I'll try to make it work. Not going to promise any branding though.

Post race side trip will be to Supersaver Liquors in Somerville, which has an awesome beer selection but it's terrible organization. Lunch spot for those interested TBD.

Back
Top Bottom