Round Valley Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is the switchbacks coming through the fence - from above.

Before

1631188097827.png

Hooked up with @Fire Lord Jim today and did some trimming on the switchbacks. Things always go well when Jim is involved

293FFCF1-4DC5-4A0E-8D17-8C3A09735E42.jpeg

Someone want to get in there with a rake?

Also cleared the tree on the link to Lebanon. It is still way overgrown, but passable

Before

1631188168251.png

After

2A3D59EE-A2EC-4C8C-91D2-C7E20330E4BA.jpeg

Yeah, it was a mess, and still kinda is. Maybe with the tree gone, it will get used

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is why NJ needs to allow machines in to dig through that growth for sustainable trails. Wouldn't it be nice...

Patrick

Staff member
This is why NJ needs to allow machines in to dig through that growth for sustainable trails. Wouldn't it be nice...

a simple bench 2' wide bench along that side hill would be great. it is about 14" wide.
the hikers don't use it -

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
@mbruno - if you get some time, hand trimmers and a weed whacker on the link to Lebanon please.

The paved section is bad but passable - would wait for winter.
We should also propose something along the powerlines over there.

TomS887

This is the switchbacks coming through the fence - from above.

Before

View attachment 166770

Hooked up with @Fire Lord Jim today and did some trimming on the switchbacks. Things always go well when Jim is involved

View attachment 166752

Someone want to get in there with a rake?

Also cleared the tree on the link to Lebanon. It is still way overgrown, but passable

Before

View attachment 166771

After

View attachment 166754

Yeah, it was a mess, and still kinda is. Maybe with the tree gone, it will get used
That's amazing! Last time I attempted that trail we got only to that tree, and I destroyed my gear with burrs. Thanks.
PXL_20210829_134625445.MP~2.jpg

TomS887

Rode the loop around the lake today. Nice the gates are open on the dam for the season! Trail work by the train tracks is a huge improvement! Thank you Patrick and Jim! There are about 4-5 smaller trees or large branches down on the Cushetunk trail, a few by the summer camp, and one bigger one near the summit. Erosion is getting bad in a few places, but still as rideable as ever. I skipped the last upper section and took the camp road. The blue trail in Cushetunk preserve looked in good shape, normal level of techy jank we all love.

FitmanNJ

I forgot to post on Sunday that I parked in the boat launch lot (never had a problem with doing that “offseason”). For the first time, as I tried to exit the lot, I found the gate at the fencing chained. I had to go out to the road and circle back in at the main entrance, not enjoying the road part.

I don’t know if this has become a new policy, but I hope not. I didn’t see a ride-around the locked fence, and it would seem to prevent walkers from crossing the “causeway,” too.

TomS887

I forgot to post on Sunday that I parked in the boat launch lot (never had a problem with doing that “offseason”). For the first time, as I tried to exit the lot, I found the gate at the fencing chained. I had to go out to the road and circle back in at the main entrance, not enjoying the road part.

I don’t know if this has become a new policy, but I hope not. I didn’t see a ride-around the locked fence, and it would seem to prevent walkers from crossing the “causeway,” too.
I've found it hard to predict when the dam is open or closed... Usually it is locked memorial day to labor Day, but didn't realize they are locking it now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions