Rocks to Roll

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for volunteering when we doing this? lol

That doesn’t look any worse than the ones at Jungle or Ilgensten?
Getting onto it is the sketchy part. I’ve ridden bigger at Creek but they usually have better approaches. And pictures never look as gnarly as real life.

BPaze

Getting onto it is the sketchy part. I’ve ridden bigger at Creek but they usually have better approaches. And pictures never look as gnarly as real life.
I hear that there is a sketchy approach to what would be an easy roll at deer park like that

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3 pages in and not one mention of rolly polly? Dan's trail. Lumpy.

And what about this latest special sauce.
In ditch territory.
20200129_131519.jpg

Bike for sizing

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's a rock face at Allamuchy on Wavin Willie, that may be a mile or less from the Sussex Branch Trail at Cranberry Lake. It might be around where the arrow points, but I'm not sure, as I always travel from White towards Sussex Branch Trail. I marked that spot, because I think there is a trail going around the rock face.

I've only gone up it though, so perhaps its not as steep as you desire.

View attachment 129342

Oh yeah, fun both ways.

Mtbdog

There's a whole bunch up at High Mountain. Nearest one to parking is by the old JVC building. And a bunch by Circleswitch.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I’m from New England, the land of rock rollers. There’s a couple near my folks I keep chickening out on. One is 30 feet high and has a bump at the top that makes it seem you’re going full vertical. The other is so steep you have to huck hard at the bottom. Still they are my favorite type of feature.

That’s last one at Mahlon has a bump right near the bottom that makes it look sketchy. One day one if I’m not riding alone I’ll try it. Usually save the sketchy stuff for when there’s an audience.

I’ve been eyeing the split rock dam, I think it’s possible to ride down the rocky hill and wallride around the big concrete blocks.
E522FEDF-F2FE-441C-BEEB-4CDF37358E49.jpeg

Last edited:

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I’m from New England, the land of rock rollers. There’s a couple near my folks I keep chickening out on. One is 30 feet high and has a bump at the top that makes it seem you’re going full vertical. The other is so steep you have to huck hard at the bottom. Still they are my favorite type of feature.

That’s last one at Mahlon has a bump right near the bottom that makes it look sketchy. One day one if I’m not riding alone I’ll try it. Usually save the sketchy stuff for when there’s an audience.

I’ve been eyeing the split rock dam, I think it’s possible to ride down the rocky hill and wallride around the big concrete blocks.View attachment 129376

That looks like the old dam someone who's name rhymes with bim confirm

Top Bottom