Rocks to Roll

BPaze

Stephens has that one huge rock that has 2 rolls on it that is a good spot to session. I'm down to hit it up that is a great trail also want to try the new trail I have seen talk about HT or TH or something

jackx

There's a rock face at Allamuchy on Wavin Willie, that may be a mile or less from the Sussex Branch Trail at Cranberry Lake. It might be around where the arrow points, but I'm not sure, as I always travel from White towards Sussex Branch Trail. I marked that spot, because I think there is a trail going around the rock face.

I've only gone up it though, so perhaps its not as steep as you desire.

1590071598820.png

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
There's a rock face at Allamuchy on Wavin Willie, that may be a mile or less from the Sussex Branch Trail at Cranberry Lake. It might be around where the arrow points, but I'm not sure, as I always travel from White towards Sussex Branch Trail. I marked that spot, because I think there is a trail going around the rock face.

I've only gone up it though, so perhaps its not as steep as you desire.

View attachment 129342

They freak me out so I want to do a few and get over myself I'll keep it in mind ty!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why shouldn't the last one be done?

It's really steep. You guys can do it if you want, but definitely look at it first because it's pretty scary. I almost pooped my pants the first time I did it.

BPaze

You are like a giant ball of silicone you will be fine

It's really steep. You guys can do it if you want, but definitely look at it first because it's pretty scary. I almost pooped my pants the first time I did it.
Is there one it might be comparable to like Warm Puppy or the big double rock roll at Stephens? Kinda curious I know you ride some technical stuff so if you are saying this it must be major and now I really want to see it and try it.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Go in from the park and ride, and stay left on the woods road where Tiger Blood starts. After you cross the beaver dam, it's on the left. This is the more difficult direction, but it's the easier way to find it.
Only a fat biker would ride this direction.

Left on woods road directly from park and ride go about a mile then left on Crescent. Climb the hill and you got rollers to the left, black magic to the right.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
You are like a giant ball of silicone you will be fine

Is there one it might be comparable to like Warm Puppy or the big double rock roll at Stephens? Kinda curious I know you ride some technical stuff so if you are saying this it must be major and now I really want to see it and try it.

To bad you'll be doing a drive by while I'm slaying stones or getting stoned via gravity

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Every park in NJ has a couple outside of maybe lewis morris.....there is an easy one at the start/end of the oreland trail at wildcat.....riding down from the dam onto the river trail is an easy roller....Stephens has fun one near the trestle, cant remember the name of that trail. 50 of them at north to ride....deer park has a few....couple of good ones at jungle...the section on boon is kind of tricky/fun (up and then roll over).....

Even dickerson mine has a couple of easy ones

this is a good one to practice on...if my son can do it with 20in wheels, any regular sized bike will roll down it if the user just stays out of the way.

Top Bottom