Rocks to Roll

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Only a fat biker would ride this direction.

It's the easiest way to describe how to find it. But yeah, I do usually ride it both directions.

Is there one it might be comparable to like Warm Puppy or the big double rock roll at Stephens? Kinda curious I know you ride some technical stuff so if you are saying this it must be major and now I really want to see it and try it.

Not really, just go check it out.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
It's the easiest way to describe how to find it. But yeah, I do usually ride it both directions.

Not really, just go check it out.

Guessing this is the lot, is picking up the trail obvious from there?

Screenshot_20200521-111457.png

BPaze

To bad you'll be doing a drive by while I'm slaying stones or getting stoned via gravity
Man I was looking forward to making fun of you as you shit your pants at the top of these. Best part is that you plan on going Saturday when the trails will probably be wet making the sketch factor greater.

I love rock rolls, I need to work on getting better at drops though so gotta find a place to do more of those, especially slower drops that aren't on highspeed sections.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Man I was looking forward to making fun of you as you shit your pants at the top of these. Best part is that you plan on going Saturday when the trails will probably be wet making the sketch factor greater.

I love rock rolls, I need to work on getting better at drops though so gotta find a place to do more of those, especially slower drops that aren't on highspeed sections.
I hope I get time tonight to set my brakes on fire need to resolve this shit

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nope if it's on trail forks I can feel it out never been to this side

Wow. Well, nothing on that side is on Trailforks, which is how it should be. I typically park at the park and ride and don't even ride inside Mahlon, because all the best stuff is in the WMA. You should probably get a tour of all the amazing stuff you've been missing.

jackx

Every park in NJ has a couple outside of maybe lewis morris.....there is an easy one at the start/end of the oreland trail at wildcat.....riding down from the dam onto the river trail is an easy roller....Stephens has fun one near the trestle, cant remember the name of that trail. 50 of them at north to ride....deer park has a few....couple of good ones at jungle...the section on boon is kind of tricky/fun (up and then roll over).....

I think the one you are mentioning at Stephens may be on the Quasimodo trail that zig zags up to Tipi Rock. I went down that trail last night.

1590078326556.png

BPaze

Wow. Well, nothing on that side is on Trailforks, which is how it should be. I typically park at the park and ride and don't even ride inside Mahlon, because all the best stuff is in the WMA. You should probably get a tour of all the amazing stuff you've been missing.
Thanks for volunteering when we doing this? lol

From the bottom (I’m here now lol)
View attachment 129356
That doesn’t look any worse than the ones at Jungle or Ilgensten?

Top Bottom