Ringwood State Park Conditions

serviceguy

The first sloped ice ring, also known as Ringwood State Park parking lot C, has opened for business. Nothing appears to be even hikeable, let alone rideable…
20DB2E8F-FA24-49B2-9FAA-FFFD0833252F.jpeg

Last edited:

Cannonbill

the weather this week looks good for some thaw. My back yard is receding quickly. Shadowed areas, not as fast.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Perfect icebiking conditions today. ~2” of snow, frozen hard. Like a frozen highway in most spots. Studs needed for the best experience. Some of the crew today didn’t have them but did pretty well other than the pitchiest sections. A few spills here and there but a great time. Started to soften in the sunny spots by around mid day. Good riding with you @JimN !
EBF22FDF-6813-4B8E-B3C0-8F67D3AF1634.jpeg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Big tree down on new yellow switchback, coming down from Cooper Union. A few trees down on Red, coming down from Cannonball.

Cutting

Does Ringwood drain well? Looking to check it out for the first time on Sunday. Should I be worried about rain on Thursday?

serviceguy

Does Ringwood drain well? Looking to check it out for the first time on Sunday. Should I be worried about rain on Thursday?
South of Ryerson usually drains better(Erskine, 6 bridges, Ringwood-Ramapo, etc.). I haven’t been out there for ages though, do not sure of current conditions.

serviceguy

Any new update on current conditions?
I was in the park for trail maintenance today, it was dump but not muddy. Then it rained a little. If you stay in the areas that I mentioned (Ryerson, 6 bridges, cat nest/renegade, pierson, crossover etc.) it should be OK if there isn't any further precipitation). Sorry I did not post any info on TM for today but I wasn't aware until this morning. Activity on the reroute of ringwood-ramapo at ryerson shold resume soon, everybody is welcome to join in as soon the dates are posted.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions