Ringwood Racap

I agree with Ryan, fix it and crank it. I seen that a million times, shifting under load will do that.

Great job Ryan this season.

That was my 909 race. Break the chain and smashed my knee into my stem. Fixed the chain and had blood dripping everywhere from the gash on my knee. pulled it back together to ride from dead last to 9th. It pays to be prepared.

Nice work this season as well John and great job today on 2nd!!!

I had a blast racing in this series this year. I never would have raced had I not met Jeremy and our mutual friend Paul. Guys, thanks for putting up with my slow riding and clumsy bike handling skills.

Good recap Dave. F'n new guy outta nowhere had to take you out...? Too bad. Still, great year of racing.

Cant wait to just relax and do some fun rides now.

Till training for next year starts.....

Thanks that actually made me feel a little better

It's due to my self-esteem...
mistakes03.jpg

cat 2 40-45

Got a real nice warm up this morning. right about 4 miles with some sprinting.Got my heart right right up to the max. My morning calorie intake was much lower today also. So I felt ready to race.

Showed up to the line with about 5 mins to spare. after some shuffling around I start off in the 2nd row. Think there was about 20 guys in our group. Nice long fireroad to start, I count Iam 10th wheel before the leaders disappear. They were setting a real fast pace. Make my first moves going down blueberry way.pass 2 in our group and few others that started before us.
I start to see Sascha off in the distance. Rob passes me on the climb and I grab his wheel trying to close the gap on Sascha it works and I catch him on the downhill going past the lake before poisonivy. I try to hold Rob's wheel some more but by the time we clear poison ivy he's gone.

Get to the race trail and im starting to see Oreo here and there. had to dismount a few times. and lose some ground. Finish off the switchback climbs and im really closing in now. Ride his wheel the rest of the way to the start/finish. just trying to relax as much as i can. Hit the fireroad at the bottom and pass him on his left. remind myself to drink drink drink here. also take some hammer gel.

Right now im thinking im sitting about 8th or so.

2nd lap goes off without a hitch dont see anyone in our group. kinda eirrely quite come to think about it. get into a nice pace saving some for the switchbacks on the race trail. Get past them and let it rip to the finish.

6th place overall. very happy with the finish and race overall. dont think I could of done any better with my current fitness level.

Ohh mounted up some maxxis ignitors and they helped a ton out there today.

Need to start wearing some sort of glasses my eyes would tear up on me on the downhills.

Where did the year go? cant believe the series is over already.

Willy thx again for the cookout good times! love the bench racing haha

As in today is still the weekend and this upcoming weekend is next weekend. That's when it starts for me.

Yeah I know. I'm just sayin' that the season started like a month ago for many of us. I think RacerChick has done 43 cross races already ;)

Seeya next weekend. BTW you got called up in the B race today based on last year's results.

Got a real nice warm up this morning. right about 4 miles with some sprinting.Got my heart right right up to the max. My morning calorie intake was much lower today also. So I felt ready to race.

Showed up to the line with about 5 mins to spare. after some shuffling around I start off in the 2nd row. Think there was about 20 guys in our group. Nice long fireroad to start, I count Iam 10th wheel before the leaders disappear. They were setting a real fast pace. Make my first moves going down blueberry way.pass 2 in our group and few others that started before us.
I start to see Sascha off in the distance. Rob passes me on the climb and I grab his wheel trying to close the gap on Sascha it works and I catch him on the downhill going past the lake before poisonivy. I try to hold Rob's wheel some more but by the time we clear poison ivy he's gone.

Get to the race trail and im starting to see Oreo here and there. had to dismount a few times. and lose some ground. Finish off the switchback climbs and im really closing in now. Ride his wheel the rest of the way to the start/finish. just trying to relax as much as i can. Hit the fireroad at the bottom and pass him on his left. remind myself to drink drink drink here. also take some hammer gel.

Right now im thinking im sitting about 8th or so.

2nd lap goes off without a hitch dont see anyone in our group. kinda eirrely quite come to think about it. get into a nice pace saving some for the switchbacks on the race trail. Get past them and let it rip to the finish.

6th place overall. very happy with the finish and race overall. dont think I could of done any better with my current fitness level.

Ohh mounted up some maxxis ignitors and they helped a ton out there today.

Need to start wearing some sort of glasses my eyes would tear up on me on the downhills.

Where did the year go? cant believe the series is over already.

Willy thx again for the cookout good times! love the bench racing haha

Anytime steve forgot to give you that locktite so I guess we`ll have to meet for a ride now.:D

Yeah I know. I'm just sayin' that the season started like a month ago for many of us. I think RacerChick has done 43 cross races already ;)

Seeya next weekend. BTW you got called up in the B race today based on last year's results.

Lol...nice! I would have enjoyed that if I was there. I was on the front row yesterday though so that was nice. Although it didn't last long.

cat 3 women 40+

2 of us in my class. I had no chance to preride. All was going ok until I lost the course. I climbed up this fire road and came to a 3-way w/ no arrows. There was another rider and we sat there waiting for someone else to come. I went straight--then back--Tried right--and back. Made a phone call.....Sooo mad.Finally went back down fire road. Luckily I saw a rider go into this tiny single track. Easy to miss. I never saw any markings for it. After that I just really took my time getting back.

I wish Norm, 12 and counting :D It will be great to see you guys this weekend at Westwood! Cowbells will be ringing!

cat 3 women 40+

2 of us in my class. I had no chance to preride. All was going ok until I lost the course. I climbed up this fire road and came to a 3-way w/ no arrows. There was another rider and we sat there waiting for someone else to come. I went straight--then back--Tried right--and back. Made a phone call.....Sooo mad.Finally went back down fire road. Luckily I saw a rider go into this tiny single track. Easy to miss. I never saw any markings for it. After that I just really took my time getting back.
Patty, there should be a "lost" class for you and I ... we would be like world champions! Last year while racing at 909 I did this one section like 3 times and that was on the first lap!!!! And at Rumble in the Jungle last month our entire Cat 2 class went the wrong way at the start! Note: Never let Tara Walhart take the lead!
This year I finally won the Women's Cat 2 40+ class, I was the only racer to compete in the required 6 out of 8 events. Next year I plan to only race in a select few H2H events (Tymor, 909, Blue and maybe Rumble) I want concentrate more on road racing and Cyclocross. I want to say thanks to Campmor and all the event promotors for another awesome MTB season!
RC ... :getsome:

This is my 1st year and-a-half riding. 40-49 cat 3. The environment was beautiful. When I was able to catch my breath on those fire roads I got to take in what great scenery I was riding through.

I'm getting used to using my ass muscles more and more by practicing where I ride locally at Baldpate. But I found that there were just some climbs that were simply too rocky and technical. I hate pushing.

The single track switchbacks and then downhill during the last third were really fun. I may have come in dead last (unlesss someone else's bike in my class' bike melted) but it's just great getting to ride all the parks that I've been too this year.

Adam H.

Cat 3 Wos 19-39

I've never been to Ringwood - and couldn't get out any earlier than Saturday afternoon to check out the course. Lucky for me, it was marked by the time I arrived...however, I too missed the course in the same spot as Pedals/others...and I fell on the last 1/3 of the course and jammed my finger...I was wondering if I would be able to ride Sunday.

Woke up Sunday with a sore throat and runny nose...but my finger seemed ok enough to ride...I managed to get a decent pace going, even though I was blowing "bubbles" from my nose...lol. The technical part was tough for me - mentally and physically but I finished with no crashes and no mechanicals...I placed 3rd - which I am very happy about.

I've had a great time riding and racing with the girls this season - an awesome experience. And it's always nice to see familiar faces out there - thanks to all that come to support us!

rear derailer hanger snaped!why!

hey guy i was in the ringwood race i started 1 st age 19-29 cat three so i take off with about 8 guys in my class and they drop me in a minute the track i felt was more for stronger people that can go fast on smooth track well anyway i was doing the best i can about 6 minutes or so into the race my buy willie(wlee) catches me already then i say to myself wow thats bad on me today he started About 3minutes after me so at that point im just cranking as hard as i can and i start to hear a click click click and i say who the hells that so i look back and theres no one there i look front no one there either i look down at bike and my rear derailer is hanging needless to say my hanger broke i dont know how really maybe i was cross chained too much i often do that so the end result about a good 10mins into the race i had to walk back mAn that sucks!last race and i end it with a dnf! just my luck lol

Hats off to DC29 - to a great season

Congrats to a great season - there is nothing wrong with coming in second place - mostly after just completing your first real complete racing season. Now that the season is done, looking for some fun rides and than snow.

Back
Top Bottom